• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's out there. My brother actually found it while looking for Wilco stuff, but that the real deal. I put it on imageshack because I didn't want to upload it here because the forum always down scales the images.

I'd put a lot of money on that being a fake cover. It looks like a fan-creation to me.

I will take that bet since it's on the official web site. How much is a lot of money to you? I take checks, cash, and McDonald's gift certificates.

Is it too late to get in on that bet too?

There's a press release that mentions April, and has a little more info on the shows to be included. I think that's info we had already from people who attended: Mobile, Nashville, D.C., Tulsa, New Orleans. It mentions show footage interspersed with interviews and everyday footage. Looking forward to it!

Here's the setlists from the shows that are supposed be included, it looks like Ashes of American Flags won't even make the DVD:

1. Via Chicago

2. Blood Of The Lamb

3. Pieholden Suite

4. California Stars

5. Company In My Back

6. You Are My Face

7. Side With The Seeds

8. Pot Kettle Black

9. A Shot In The Arm

10. She's A Jar

11. Handshake Drugs

12. Impossible Germany

13. It's Just That Simple

14. Pick Up The Change

15. Too Far Apart

16. Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway(again)

17. Jesus' date=' Etc.

18. Hate It Here

19. Walken

20. I'm The Man Who Loves You

Encore 1:

21. Someone Else's Song (Jeff Solo w/o PA)

22. Misunderstood

23. The Thanks I Get

24. Red-Eyed And Blue

25. I Got You (At The End Of The Century)

26. Monday

Encore 2:

27. The Late Greats[/quote']

1. You Are My Face

2. Muzzle Of Bees

3. One By One

4. California Stars

5. Impossible Germany

6. Handshake Drugs

7. I'm Always In Love

8. A Shot In The Arm

9. Side With The Seeds

10. She's A Jar

11. Jesus' date=' Etc.

12. Pick Up The Change

13. Airline To Heaven

14. Forget The Flowers

15. At My Window Sad And Lonely

16. Hotel Arizona

17. War On War

18. Via Chicago

19. The Late Greats

Encore 1:

20. Hate It Here

21. Heavy Metal Drummer

22. Walken

23. I'm The Man Who Loves You

24. Red-Eyed And Blue

25. I Got You (At The End Of The Century)

26. Kingpin

27. Hoodoo Voodoo

Encore 2:

28. Monday

29. I'm A Wheel[/quote']

Is anyone else disappointed that AOAF and Spiders are not on any of the setlists? I wonder if they're going to edit the two shows together, or show them each in their entirety.

IMO the cover looks like it took 10 minutes at most to make, nice picture but at this point in time judging from past record covers etc. that have all been awesome, I expect a bit more.

It's not that far off from the covers of IATTBYH and Sunken Treasure. Block lettering and a picture.

Is anyone else disappointed that AOAF and Spiders are not on any of the setlists? I wonder if they're going to edit the two shows together, or show them each in their entirety.

Yes on the former; no on the latter. I've always found Spiders kind of uninteresting. *ducks* I AM disappointed that Poor Places is not on there.

Mobile, New Orleans, and D.C. are also included. Though people have pointed out that Ashes wasn't on those setlists either.

There was a guy with a handheld camera in Des Moines, but that was not one of the shows mentioned.

Where does it say that New Orleans and DC are included, everywhere that I've checked said only the shows from Ryman's Auditorium and Cain's Ballroom would be shown.

Where does it say that New Orleans and DC are included, everywhere that I've checked said only the shows from Ryman's Auditorium and Cain's Ballroom would be shown.

This is the complete text of their latest press release:

As 2009 begins historically in America, so begins what is shaping up to be another historic year

for the Chicago rock band Wilco -- the group formed by guitarist and songwriter Jeff Tweedy in

the mid-1990s.

2009 will see the release of a new studio album

i'm such a type neurotic. why, why does the wilco live portion of the text not line up with the edge of the A in American. its like it wants to be a tight flush grouping of typography, but then its not. and every other word is a different color. and there's a space between "ashes" and "of" and "wilco" and "live" but not the other two words. ooohhh, bad type bad. yet its so close to being the standard wilco perfect helvetica typography. type neurotic rant over. the image is lovely.