Now Playing: December 2008

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hollinger.

Also, again, I highly recommend the Welcome Wagon album to everyone. One of my best friends, Alex Foote, is the guitarist on the album, and his brother Jay is playing bass. Produced by Sufjan Stevens. Excellent stuff.

Ha. That's what I thought too!

NP:

bloodbank-480.jpg

Sounds wonderful.

(then iTunes started in on the opening chords of Tangled Up In Blue. Man this album... "I must admit I was a little uneasy when she bent down to tie the laces of my shoes")

l39482t69vp.jpgd516014q26e.jpg

g81451tpcmi.jpgd99259ckrp6.jpg

Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson - Rattlin' Bones

Richard Hell - Destiny Street

Brinsley Schwarz - Nervous On the Road/The New Favourites Of...

D'Angelo - Voodoo

Ha. That's what I thought too!

NP:

bloodbank-480.jpg

Sounds wonderful.

(then iTunes started in on the opening chords of Tangled Up In Blue. Man this album... "I must admit I was a little uneasy when she bent down to tie the laces of my shoes")

gotta be honest... am a little disappointed by the EP... it's good, but the studio version of Blood Bank isn't nearly as powerful or emotional as the live versions they've been playing. the other songs are interesting, but definite b-side/EP material (especially the last track)

51tyvj54JOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Finally out on CD--Power pop fans rejoice!

gotta be honest... am a little disappointed by the EP... it's good, but the studio version of Blood Bank isn't nearly as powerful or emotional as the live versions they've been playing. the other songs are interesting, but definite b-side/EP material (especially the last track)

yeah, i listened to it earlier. eh.

yeah, blood bank is really laid back, but i gotta say, i like that version on the EP a good deal. The live take is just super powerful. I wonder if this was recorded earlier in the year or something, before they started playing it live?

Hmm. I really liked the first three tracks, but Woods is a definite"fly me".

Also could be that I'm just so hungry for something new from him.

Woods sounds like he just got done listening to an Imogen Heap record. Reminds me a lot of that song off of the movie The Last Kiss. I dig it.

oh i like the EP, don't get me wrong... but from the live versions of Blood Bank, and the other 2-3 new songs he's been playing, i expected a much more rousing fuller and psychedelic sound on these tracks is all :)

they're good, just that only Blood Bank is up there w/ the tracks on For Emma in terms of quality for me. in fact i like the track Wisconsin more than the other 3 songs on the EP.

yeah, blood bank is really laid back, but i gotta say, i like that version on the EP a good deal. The live take is just super powerful. I wonder if this was recorded earlier in the year or something, before they started playing it live?

that's very possible... there was talk about the EP in July, so these could actually be from this past summer/spring even.