What we hope the New Album will sound like?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

resonant and experimental..........Glen and Nels,would be nice.

-Robert

I agree, that would be nice!

I would like the the sound to have a bit of A Ghost is Born, a dash of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, and a whole lot of Summerteeth!

I also love the new song, "Crush the Cities" or whatever it's called, but I just hope the album doesn't sound like that.

I also love the new song, "Crush the Cities" or whatever it's called, but I just hope the album doesn't sound like that.

What is this? Is this a title given to one of the Bridge School tracks?

Is there some kind of zip or web site that has MP3s of live "new" stuff? Just wondering since I have not heard any of the new stuff for at least a couple of months and have no idea what is out there.

I posted them on my blog in my sig below. I posted One Wing, Sunny Feeling, You And I, and the two Bridge School tracks. I might be missing something, but I think that's it.

spacey, upbeat in parts as well as good introspective tracks, pop tracks as well as rock tracks. something like the wilco book version of hummingbird would be great. an actual electronically based song instead of using electronics just for texture would be cool. ghost style as opposed to sky blue style guitar. lots of kotche.

but hopefully a few things that will surprise me.

and also o'rourke leaving his mark all over would be wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

its gonna be whatever they do. i bet its gonna be more songy than other wilco records, and it might get some bad reception at first. (pitchfork) i feel it might be like dylan after john wesley harding or something. like that shaky period in the 70s before blood on the tracks.

..but itll have awesome songs on it. i have a feeling one true vine is gonna be on it.

personally, id be happy with anything jeff tweedy did. the guys an artist.

Acompleterejectionofwhathasbecomesustainabletourablemusicthatsellstickets.

I don't care. I just want something that takes on its own life each and every show. That way I'll start going again..

I know I'm being critical, but I want to go to a show again... (I've passed up 3 in a row now)

I don't want to know where Wilco stands at the end. I want to walk away wondering...

Acompleterejectionofwhathasbecomesustainabletourablemusicthatsellstickets.

I don't care. I just want something that takes on its own life each and every show. That way I'll start going again..

I know I'm being critical, but I want to go to a show again... (I've passed up 3 in a row now)

I don't want to know where Wilco stands at the end. I want to walk away wondering...

I'm glad you said this (not that I completely agree) but I have felt that the tour has become a tad more important that the music. I almost want them to stop touring for awhile so this doesn't becomea DMB kind of thing. I know that is a gross overstatement, but you get my point