Wilco and Baseball

If you were a baseball player, what Wilco song would you choose to lead you to the batter's box? For the fans I would choose ITMWLY especially for that opening guitar part.

Good question.

I'd pick something that was loud and in-your-face. I remember at a Royal's game, a slow, dry country song was played....it didn't exactly fire up the crowd.

I'd pick:

a snippet of At Least That's What You Said.....probably a part that included Glenn's machine gun drums.

"Monday" or "Can't Stand It."

Well to mix it up a bit, it was sad, but timely to see Maddux go. His career wins total will likely never be passed again.

Well to mix it up a bit, it was sad, but timely to see Maddux go. His career wins total will likely never be passed again.

Yeah, but, he was a Brave.

This thread is going to turn into "name every Wilco song" soon.

Nope 'cause no one wants to walk to home plate to "Hate It Here"

If you were a baseball player, what Wilco song would you choose to lead you to the batter's box? For the fans I would choose ITMWLY especially for that opening guitar part.

Well...if I were a Major League Baseball player...I wouldn't choose a Wilco song.

I would probably choose REVOLUTION or HIGHWAY TO HELL.

I don't know, but I've heard Walken used after someone was walked. Not sure where. I think it was at US Cellular.

Actually it was in Philly, which is a great stadium for pitchers to be "Walken" batters.

I'd use Outtasite as a Wilco entrance, but if I could pick any song I'd come up to The Wallflowers' Everybody Out of the Water.

Both songs have high-energy explosive intros, and since they only play about fifteen seconds...may as well get up when going up.

I think the Beatles could have transitioned to a killer live act in late 68 early 69 if they had had the desire to do so...

edit: a non intentional non-sequitir.