Langerado 2009

I gotta say this lineup kind of sucks. Ryan Adams is already playing in Florida, so I'll probably go see that date and skip this festival. bobbob, you planning on going to this?

We are pleased to announce the initial artist lineup for the 2009 Langerado Music Festival, being held March 6-7-8 at Bicentennial Park, nestled alongside Biscayne Bay in downtown Miami!

We are excited to have put together a lineup as diverse as the population of South Florida, representing a wide variety of the music Langerado has welcomed in the past. We're thrilled to be bringing back some much loved friends, in addition to an incredible roster of performers making their first appearances at Langerado.

We hope you'll join us this spring for the 7th annual Langerado Music Festival!

2009 Initial Artist Lineup

Death Cab For Cutie

Doesn't even hold a candle to last year!

I didn't go last year because I had just seen Dr. Dog, Wilco wasn't playing, the National got a really short set (like 45min?), and the schedule was horribly set up. Last year's schedule now looks amazing compared to this. I'm interested to see what Bonnaroo's lineup will look like this year. A lot of these festivals that got off the ground because of the jamband scene are now going very mainstream and turning into mini Woodstock II's.

I'll probably be able to get a press pass to this, so I'll be there.

It's a very strange lineup, with a lot of bands that I absolutely despise, and a lot that I like a lot. It's very spread out and random. Should draw a very interesting crowd.

I'll go to see these:

Death Cab For Cutie

Snoop Dogg

Thievery Corporation

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals

The Pogues

Matisyahu

Flogging Molly

Broken Social Scene

Robert Randolph & The Family Band

Cold War Kids

Public Enemy

Girl Talk

Mute Math

Bad Brains

Against Me!

George Clinton & Parliament / Funkadelic

Tokyo Police Club

The Gaslight Anthem

There's more than enough there for me to make the 30 minute drive. Just wish it was out at Big Cypress like last year. No camping is really lame.

What's the deal with Umphrey's McGee? They always play around here and I assume they're awful. Anyone know?

They're talented musicians. A guess they're a jamband. They play a lot of covers. Every time I've seen them a lot of hot chicks have been there. I would go to a show to get laid but I wouldn't buy one of their records.

They're talented musicians. A guess they're a jamband. They play a lot of covers. Every time I've seen them a lot of hot chicks have been there. I would go to a show to get laid but I wouldn't buy one of their records.

Really? I haven't seen them in years, but when I did it was a sausage party. They are kinda proggish, jam band shredders. Tight, but not particularly compelling to my ears.

Really? I haven't seen them in years, but when I did it was a sausage party. They are kinda proggish, jam band shredders. Tight, but not particularly compelling to my ears.

Well, the time I was thinking of specifically was in Atlanta where hot chicks are into good music and getting trashed. And they played a lot of covers. They sounded like what I imagine it would sound like if Frank Zappa played your wedding. I was up front dancing and it was all females.'

But yeah proggish, jam bad shredders is a good way to put it. They're talented but completely devoid of soul

• 1 month later...

Just added to lineup:

Modest Mouse

Gene Ween Band

Deerhunter

Alberta Cross

Gene Ween would have sealed the deal for me, but too late now. I'm saving my money for Phish in TN. Got my tickets today!

Can't seem to find anything except at Brooklyn Vegan, and they've got no confirmation. I'm holding out hope.

http://www.langerado.com/2009/langerad09.p...ec=13&id=86

Yup. That sucks. We were doing a bunch of coverage for this for the paper, so now we have to scramble to make up a bunch of stories over the next month.

Can't seem to find anything except at Brooklyn Vegan, and they've got no confirmation. I'm holding out hope.

http://www.langerado.com/2009/langerad09.p...ec=13&id=86

Yup. That sucks. We were doing a bunch of coverage for this for the paper, so now we have to scramble to make up a bunch of stories over the next month.

It is confirmed canceled...see website.