Second City'S Letters To Santa Fundraiser

Hummingbird was before Jesus

OK, I stand corrected. I'll edit my post above.

Thanks for reminding me of the "red light Jeff" ... I'd already forgotten that moment, and how funny it was when he started unbuttoning his shirt. :flirt

...not to mention how funny it was when he kind of sheepishly buttoned it up again :lol

Gorgeous and Alone, that was also my experience when I saw the Breeders earlier this year. Kim and Kelley bickered through the entire set; "amateurish" is indeed the best word to describe it.

Great night as always. I met Jeff for the first time in between songs during the epic Sacajaballsac set. Incidentally, I met my childhood idol, Michael Jeffery Jordan earlier in the week at Stanley's Pub in Lincoln Park. Oddly enough, I was much more nervous meeting Mr. Tweedy.

THAT is a hell of a week! :cheers

I'm not sure I have anything to add to the comments about the show. It was pretty epic being there for 16 of 25 hours. Definitely doing it again next year and not driving from Ohio the same day or drinking a pitcher in the first hour.

I found a recording of Robbie Fulks' version of Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" online for anyone who - like me - wanted to hear it again. http://lovinlivemusic.googlepages.com/robbiefulks

THAT is a hell of a week! :cheers

Cheers -- and yeah really has been, plus my wife is about to give birth to our first child in less than 48 hours! (MJ rubbed her belly for good luck; didn't have time to ask the musical equivalent to do the same : ).

If someone hasn't already, the details of the Colbert video should be divulged -- that was really hillarious. I'll add one -- right before the video of him fades off, he waives, smiles, and yells something like, "I'm from Illinois and I'm a corrupt politician!"

I can see how people would prefer to listen to just Jeff, but having been lucky enough to attend a few of these, I can tell you that seeing your friends getting to perform with Jeff, and Jeff being so gracious and generous to his fellow performers, is absolutely one of the coolest things about the night.

I've been to two of these (2006 and 2007) and got to play with Jeff at both. It was a blast! And from what I understand, playing together was actually Jeff's idea, since he found out that our group was the Wilco Ensemble from the Old Town School of Folk Music. He really seemed to have fun.

The Wilco class at the Old Town School is currently on break since we've covered all the regular albums, however, several of us will be performing Uncle Tupelo's Anodyne at the Hidden Cove Lounge (5336 N Lincoln in Chicago) this Friday at 6 p.m. So if you want to hear some live Uncle Tupelo covers, and hear more living room show stories, just come on over and listen in then chat with us after the show. If you get us started, I'm sure you'll hear lots of stories about how amazing it was and how cool Jeff and Susan are! :dancing :dancing