• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still have an active thread covering this ;)

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?sho...&start=1040

I was looking for No Looking Back on DVD and noticed it is out of print - except as a disc in the Edward Burns Boxset. Sort of odd - I could buy a used one for maybe 30 some dollars, or get the boxset used for about 40 some dollars. I am not all that fond of buying things used - but in this case, I may get it. I rather like those movies.

Guest Hollinger.

milkhc0.jpg

Saw this last night. Excellent movie, but it was a bit heavy handed. It's like Van Sant thought we might forget he was gay if they didn't show two guys making out every couple minutes.

Guest Hollinger.

I have spent the last month or so working my way through the West Wing dvds again. I'm at the end of season 4 right now, so we're getting to the spot where it's slightly more of a chore to watch.

still_life.jpg

Beautiful and sometimes moving, but like many Jia films, often opaque and impenetrable--too often I feel like an outsider looking in. Which I suppose I am. Still, I liked this one much more than Unknown Pleasures or The World.

milkhc0.jpg

Saw this last night. Excellent movie, but it was a bit heavy handed. It's like Van Sant thought we might forget he was gay if they didn't show two guys making out every couple minutes.

Also saw Milk last night. I was very moved. Truly a great movie.

Have to disagree with your response. I didn't at all feel beat over the head with the physical intimacy. Thought it was all natural, and necessary to the portrayal of the spirit and humanity of the movement.

51UiM6t9JEL._SS500_.jpg

This was really good. The acting is great. Love the way the film moves around central points in continuity and story, forward and backward in time.

Focus changes onto the various characters throughout the film and does a good job of weaving the narrative together.

Just revisited The American President. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy that movie.

I absolutely love this movie and watch it every time it's on, which is quite a lot these days.

Just watched this again:

holes.jpg

A highly under-discussed movie with a killer cast. Sigourney Weaver, Jon Voight, Dule Hill, Patricia Arquette.....and even Shia LeBouf is good.

This was really good. The acting is great. Love the way the film moves around central points in continuity and story, forward and backward in time.

Focus changes onto the various characters throughout the film and does a good job of weaving the narrative together.

I loved The Edge of Heaven, too. Have you seen Head-On or In July? As far as I'm concerned, Fatih Akin is one of the most exciting filmmakers currently making movies.

I loved The Edge of Heaven, too. Have you seen Head-On or In July? As far as I'm concerned, Fatih Akin is one of the most exciting filmmakers currently making movies.

I have not. I recently met someone who is a huge fan of Akin.

Looking forward to seeing both of those films within the next two weeks.