• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just rewatched these...

american-beauty.jpg 81836-large.jpg dark_knight.jpg

I hadn't watched American Beauty since I was probably 17. What a truly amazing and beautiful movie. The Departed is amazing too. Probably my second or third favorite Scorcese movie (Goodfellas being first. Taxi Driver being the other one). I still don't really like The Dark Knight. My opinions have been expressed in the thread about The Dark Knight. I did like it a little more than I originally did, but still have some major issues with it.

There was an article about The Room in EW a couple weeks back and just reading about all the celebrities like Paul Rudd and Kristen Bell that hold screening parties for it had me curious to see it. Apparently it really is such a train wreck unlike any other that you have to see it at least once. I may force JB to rent it one of these days.

There was an article about The Room in EW a couple weeks back and just reading about all the celebrities like Paul Rudd and Kristen Bell that hold screening parties for it had me curious to see it. Apparently it really is such a train wreck unlike any other that you have to see it at least once. I may force JB to rent it one of these days.

I dont think Netflix has it, dang it.

Watched a few over the weekend.

5159RYKKDCL._SS500_.jpg 51G132YYQML._SS500_.jpg

61dc9UJE+HL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Chungking Express is one of my all-time favorite flicks. Are you going to catch the new cut of Ashes of Time? I'm very curious to see it, as the only version I've seen was a muddy VHS. That was years ago, and all I really remember is that the subtitles were off by a line or two the whole way through. I still liked it, though.

Chungking Express is one of my all-time favorite flicks. Are you going to catch the new cut of Ashes of Time? I'm very curious to see it, as the only version I've seen was a muddy VHS. That was years ago, and all I really remember is that the subtitles were off by a line or two the whole way through. I still liked it, though.

Sadly, I have not seen it - just this, In the Mood For Love, 2046, & My Blueberry Nights. One day i'll see it, and we will all be better for it.

PS - This Looked incredible on blu

*Big Perm does not work for anyone manufacturing Blu Ray anything, he just lobbies in his free time.

i can't see the image - just a photobucket logo.

Same here - damn intriguing review too!

Watched a few over the weekend.

51G132YYQML._SS500_.jpg

That looks interesting - I haven't heard of it. What did you think?

Saw Slumdog Millionaire yesterday. While no film can live up to blurbs like "I'll keep this simple - cancel whatever you're doing tonight and go see SM" (Boston Globe), this one comes about as close as I can imagine. Love capital L.

Saw Slumdog Millionaire yesterday.

I liked it, too. Despite all the bleakness, it's still a movie that rejects realism--it's a strange balance that pays off, I think.

Joe Strummer - The Future Is Unwritten

I think I need me some Mescaleros rekkids.

Watching this tonight. In the basement. Where the beer lives. :thumbup

Sorry, guys. Fixed link:

there_will_be_blood_poster2.jpg

i just rewatched that again yesterday with the little lady. i love it. absolutely love it. i think upon one viewing each, i thought No Country was hands down the more deserving Best Pic winner but now that i've seen them both again, i'm not sure i can say that. There Will Be Blood is a fucking masterpiece.

i just rewatched that again yesterday with the little lady. i love it. absolutely love it. i think upon one viewing each, i thought No Country was hands down the more deserving Best Pic winner but now that i've seen them both again, i'm not sure i can say that. There Will Be Blood is a fucking masterpiece.

I couldnt wait for TWBB to be over. I thought it to be ponderous, overwrought, just a bloated mess.

I couldnt wait for TWBB to be over. I thought it to be ponderous, overwrought, just a bloated mess.

i've heard plenty of people say similar things. honestly, i was a bit bored when i saw it in the theater. i wanted to love it because it was a PTA movie and he's a fave of mine, but i just didn't. yesterday, i just couldn't get enough of it. i think it's amazing.

i've heard plenty of people say similar things. honestly, i was a bit bored when i saw it in the theater. i wanted to love it because it was a PTA movie and he's a fave of mine, but i just didn't. yesterday, i just couldn't get enough of it. i think it's amazing.

I liked TWBB, but I think most people thought it and No Country for Old Men were the best of 2008 and I would choose NCFOM. That's my personal bias though. I haven't seen a Paul Thomas Anderson movie that I loved and I haven't seen many Coen Brothers movies that I didn't.

DoubtPoster.jpg

Really good. Didn't blow me away, like I need to see this again right now, but it's a different kind of movie. It's very ambiguous in the plot. The acting was amazing, particularly Viola Davis, though she wasn't on the screen for very long. Highly recommended, but no best movie of the year.