Paul Westerberg's 49:00

I got it when it came out, and it's still one of my favorites of the year.

I haven't listened to it since it was released (and pulled shortly after). To be honest, the novelty of format wore off quickly, but I don't have the heart to chop it up into proper tracks. Some of his best songwriting since Stereo, though.

Got it when it came out. The really weird thing is the version I have is actuall 5 minutes and 5 seconds short of 49:00. Turns out you can download the additional 5 minutes at the following link. By the time I tried it was gone although the link still works. Not sure what the hell that is all about. I do love my 44 minutes though!

http://studio.tunecore.com/store/product/47

I posted links to both 49:00 and 5:05 on my blog. Scroll down to the August 23, 2008 posting. Hope it still works!!

Visit My blog

Got it when it came out. The really weird thing is the version I have is actuall 5 minutes and 5 seconds short of 49:00. Turns out you can download the additional 5 minutes at the following link. By the time I tried it was gone although the link still works. Not sure what the hell that is all about. I do love my 44 minutes though!

why was this pulled? I've listened to 49:00 but didn't care much for it. maybe it'll take a few listens to like. then again, I've never heard a Paul Westerberg song in my life, to my knowledge, since before listening to 49:00.

I feel both sorry and envious. Sorry you have missed out so far but there is a great body of work for you to explore!

Not sure why the 5:05 is no longer available.

Actually, "49:00" is only 44 minutes or so .

In other news, he just released 3 more songs :dancing

http://www.paulwesterberg.com/news.htm

why was this pulled? I've listened to 49:00 but didn't care much for it. maybe it'll take a few listens to like. then again, I've never heard a Paul Westerberg song in my life, to my knowledge, since before listening to 49:00.

Really!? Do yourself a favor and go get all you can get your hands on.

what's the best record for a Westerberg newb to check out?

Well, if its Westerberg solo I would get "14 Songs". Its a good intro. If we're talking about his best stuff, go out and buy The Replacements "Let It Be", "Tim", and "Hootenanny". You should get it all. Blow a whole paycheck, sell your car, sell your pants, give away your kid brother. Its worth it.

Can't be underrated. Some GREAT songs for a "kids" album. I may be in the minority, but I love his contributions to the Singles soundtrack. Esp. Waiting for Somebody.

I strongly prefer his offerings on Open Season. My kids do like it but I don't necessarily consider them 'kids songs'. Very good stuff.

Can't be underrated. Some GREAT songs for a "kids" album. I may be in the minority, but I love his contributions to the Singles soundtrack. Esp. Waiting for Somebody.

I love 'em too. The difference for me is Open Season is essentiallya Westerberg album while Singles is two songs, albeit two great songs, but two nonetheless.

I've always loved those "Singles" songs too. I'm really hard pressed to think of any bad stuff. Of course I'm blinded by my love for his stuff...

I absolutely LOVE this album. I just listened to it again while cleaning the house and I can't find a single flaw. Unfortunately, I had bought it just before my computer was obliterated by a tree so now I only have it on my ipod. Stereo/Mono has long been my favorite, but 49:00 is definitely gaining ground...my pick for best album of 2008

I absolutely LOVE this album. I just listened to it again while cleaning the house and I can't find a single flaw. Unfortunately, I had bought it just before my computer was obliterated by a tree so now I only have it on my ipod. Stereo/Mono has long been my favorite, but 49:00 is definitely gaining ground...my pick for best album of 2008

It does grow on you. I was pretty surprised the first time I heard the Beatles/Alice Cooper/Partridge Family/Elton John/Steppenwolf...etc...medley at the end but he did do "I think I love you" when I saw him in Denver a few years ago.