News, news, news

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a show in Cleveland is in the plan, I hope they play a venue bigger than Lakewood Civic. My living room is bigger! ;) Unless they want to play in my living room.

You'd rather see them somewhere bigger? :brow Or is it the ticket scramble you're not looking forward to...

If a show in Cleveland is in the plan, I hope they play a venue bigger than Lakewood Civic. My living room is bigger! ;) Unless they want to play in my living room.

Huh. I really like this venue. Comfortable and small.

It's great to hear that the DVD is coming out, and I'm really surprised they're thinking spring for the album. I was expecting late summer or fall. I was hoping for some shows in March so that's how I could celebrate my birthday, but I'm content for another crazy summer of road tripping :dancing

:brow

Found this statement a bit puzzling? Are we not supposed to like concert films?

p.s. Great news!

I found that puzzling, too. Maybe it's a subtle refernce to their previous live DVD being shelved, which caused a lot of disappointment among Wilco fans.

I found that puzzling, too. Maybe it's a subtle refernce to their previous live DVD being shelved, which caused a lot of disappointment among Wilco fans.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, and i love their audio taping policy. But if they would extend that same policy to video it might ease some of the pressure the band might feel for DVD releases. ;)

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, and i love their audio taping policy. But if they would extend that same policy to video it might ease some of the pressure the band might feel for DVD releases. ;)

No bands allow video taping - that I know of.

I had backstage passes to the MSG show with neil young, got to go in Wilcos dressing room and all, very cool, but I talked to jeff about the new album while we were watching neil young backstage on acouple of tvs, and he said it would be out in the spring but there was a chance it would be out in the summer, and he said the wilco song is on it, and John told me that too. Nels on the otherhand i didnt bother to talk to because he had his button shirt unbottoned and no undershirt it was kind of weird.

Spain? (extensive) Again?

Not the UK? Again?

Look, I know the weather's nice down in Spain late spring/May etc but what about those cancelled UK dates from last time? And didn't Spain get gigs that time too?

Makes me think the 'conficting schedules' reason for pulling out of those five or six UK dates in late 2007 was actually because of not great ticket sales, as they seem very keen to dash back to Spain, not to mention Tweedy's fairly recent Spanish/Mallorca shows.

If that's so it's a shame. There's a hardcore of devotees over here, even if (like much of the US) the general public are none the wiser. Come on fellas!

I tend to completly agree with this statement about concert films

Which is fine...I just found it interesting that they treated it like a commonly held pervasive view/criticism, when I had never really that heard before.

Well, I guess we now have the answer to the question posed in this thread:

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=38048

Wow. I'm really glad they're using the Ryman show as one of the performances in the DVD. It was a great show, and I also have a selfish reason to be excited about it -- my wife and I were sitting very near the front and encountered the camera-people several times. Then again, I'm not sure I would want to see a shot of me with eyes closed and singing along. That's not a pretty picture. Anyway, I'm thrilled that Wilco will be sharing this show with all of those who couldn't be there that evening.

Wow i posted that about the ryman doc with superb timing. Now if could find a way to use that timing in my everyday life. not likely

Naming the DVD 'Ashes Of American Flags' suggests that that particular song will be on it (one of the live highlights for me off KT).

Having looked at the setlists though from both Ryman and Cain's Ballroom it wasn't played either night and hardly at all (once I think) around the time they were filming last year.

Anyone know what other shows were filmed?

Spain? (extensive) Again?

Not the UK? Again?

Look, I know the weather's nice down in Spain late spring/May etc but what about those cancelled UK dates from last time? And didn't Spain get gigs that time too?

Makes me think the 'conficting schedules' reason for pulling out of those five or six UK dates in late 2007 was actually because of not great ticket sales, as they seem very keen to dash back to Spain, not to mention Tweedy's fairly recent Spanish/Mallorca shows.

If that's so it's a shame. There's a hardcore of devotees over here, even if (like much of the US) the general public are none the wiser. Come on fellas!

I feel your pain my friend....

Naming the DVD 'Ashes Of American Flags' suggests that that particular song will be on it (one of the live highlights for me off KT).

Having looked at the setlists though from both Ryman and Cain's Ballroom it wasn't played either night and hardly at all (once I think) around the time they were filming last year.

Anyone know what other shows were filmed?

I remember hearing that the film crew was at the 9:30 Club shows in late February, too. And Tipitina's. Maybe the did all of the shows from DC through Cain's. (Which, looking at setlists, still wouldn't include Ashes.) Looking through those shows on Wilcobase did remind me that the setlists in the wake of the residency were just ridiculous, though. That was such a fun time.