MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove II

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida is apparently asking the world for Hanley.

The rumor has the Marlins asking for Ellsbury and a bunch of prospects. Either we are retarded and forgot we have cameron maybin for center, or thats a totally shit rumor.

Absolutely 0% chance the Marlins trade Hanley unless the Red Sox offer them the entire farm system or pay for their entire stadium. It's such a non story, there's no "Hanley to Boston" rumors. It's "Boston called Florida and was like "LOL can we has a Hanley" and the Marlins were like "Hmm, we'll listen to you speak, and then say no."" And then the media, being in love with any Red Sox related news, is turning it into something way bigger than it is.

"Boston called Florida and was like "LOL can we has a Hanley" and the Marlins were like "Hmm, we'll listen to you speak, and then say no.""

i laffed. That was funny up until the part about how the media is in love with the red sox. and then i just tuned it out.

My understanding is that the Hanley talk(s) ended weeks ago and we're just finding out about it now because there's no news to it. It's like bsquared said: the Marlins politely listened and nothing happened.

I previewed some of it last night. Looks like it might be good. Hopefully it will not be full of the low-IQ jackanaping that is pretty much ubiquitous in modern TV sports coverage.

I previewed some of it last night. Looks like it might be good. Hopefully it will not be full of the low-IQ jackanaping that is pretty much ubiquitous in modern TV sports coverage.

I assume you don't mean you hope they get their stat on.

I assume you don't mean you hope they get their stat on.

No, I don't have anything against statistical analysis really, though it could be better explained to those of us who don't care about fantasy sports. I am referring to the hypertrophic guitar music, dumb Tenacious D references and general snarkiness in which ESPN and other outlets are awash. Maybe we can have GSPN - the grownups' sports and entertainment network.

so what's the story with that? Will it replace Extra Innings packages or what?

No, EI will still be around. It's a 24 hr./365 day baseball network. Apparently, they will cover some games in total and have cameras in every park for every game for up-to-date (minute) highlights, in-depth analysis, interviews, etc. Looks quite excellent, and I'm with bjorn that I hope it doesn't take the "hip/humor" tack....

No, EI will still be around. It's a 24 hr./365 day baseball network. Apparently, they will cover some games in total and have cameras in every park for every game for up-to-date (minute) highlights, in-depth analysis, interviews, etc. Looks quite excellent, and I'm with bjorn that I hope it doesn't take the "hip/humor" tack....

How will it work vs FOX and that whole syndicate? I guess i could read up on it, but why would I when I can just axe you?

How will it work vs FOX and that whole syndicate? I guess i could read up on it, but why would I when I can just axe you?

I'm not sure but I'll assume that FOX will have the Saturday rights (blackouts) still. The new channel will air 26 games this year. They will also show old games in their entirety. Like the Bobby Thomson '51 "Shot Heard 'Round the World" pennant-winning hit game (supposedly hasn't been shown in it's entirety since - or shortly after- it happened).

Really looking forward to this network.

ed. Oh, and they've got Hazel Mae. eh.

I'm not sure but I'll assume that FOX will have the Saturday rights (blackouts) still. The new channel will air 26 games this year. They will also show old games in their entirety. Like the Bobby Thomson '51 "Shot Heard 'Round the World" pennant-winning hit game (supposedly hasn't been shown in it's entirety since - or shortly after- it happened).

Really looking forward to this network.

ed. Oh, and they've got Hazel Mae. eh.

and her breastses?

will it be a pay thing, or part of a package? Is it on right now? what channel? Oh wait. I don't have comcast, I have cox.

It's on Cox, too. It's on Ch. 420 out here but just pop around and you should find it (look in the area that your EI was on). It's "free" with whatever package you have....

They're hitting 50 million homes when they go live at 6 p.m. tomorrow.

Mark DeRosa to the Indians for three minor-league pitchers: Jeff Stevens, Chris Archer, and John Caub.

Anyone know anything about those kids?

It appears to be a salary dump. With DeRosa :realmad and possible Marquis :dance gone this will make room for the elusive left handed outfield bat and Pevay.

I am really pissed about DeRo BTW.