MLB 2008-09 Hot Stove II

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max Kellerman gave a good dissertation on the radio yesterday about how much huger the new Yankee Stadium is than Fenway, and how that will allow them to generate revenue on a massive scale. He argued that for the Sox to gain parity, they need to build a big fat baseball stadium in Foxborough and bid Fenway farewell.

Oh that's a beaut!

And for other ridiculousness:

Dellucci's 'alligator', Guillen's nail kick off weird spring injuries

By 'Duk

Spring training is only a week old, but we already have strong two entries for baseball's weirdest injury of the year.

Well, kind of.

Cleveland outfielder David Dellucci, our first contestant, would have no doubt clinched the award with the tale he told reporters on Saturday of how an alligator chomped his thumb while he was saving a child

It is just about impossible to buy tickets to fenway when they go on sale.

This is true.

But I've had plenty of luck on redsox.com over the past 4-5 seasons casually searching for tickets throughout the season.

My brother-in-law visited Vegas recently - today I got in the mail a $20 bet on Manny Ramirez to win the 2009 homerun title. As a Yankees fan he's busting my balls, but it would be sweet - 30/1 odds.

Sweet. i plan on making a few prop bets on the season while I'm out there this week.

I think Alex was driven by insecurity, and a fear of falling behind other players. Oh, and the millions. I am not really sure what I would do if someone were to present me with a drug which would increase my earning potential as a reporter by three times or more. Probably take it and hope the side-effects were not as bad as advertised.

I know this is a week late...but I call bullshit on ANYTHING Ster-Rod has to say.

He had already signed a $250 million, ten year contract...He's a fucking cancer and he should be publically shamed in every ballpark in America.

He's a fucking cancer and he should be publically shamed in every ballpark in America.

He will, with the possible exception of the one in the Bronx.

I know this is a week late...but I call bullshit on ANYTHING Ster-Rod has to say.

He had already signed a $250 million, ten year contract...He's a fucking cancer and he should be publically shamed in every ballpark in America.

You didn't really say anything in this post.

The more time passes, the more I really, really hope the other 103 names come out. The more we know about the steroid era the better. If we can get a semi comprehensive list and study it, we might be able to actually get some kind of idea of how much steroids actually help. I hate that we don't even know how much any given player was helped.

I think it's high time we leave this one behind, what with Spring Training games coming up this Wednesday. Might make my way up to Jupiter this Sunday to catch my first Spring Training game.

My brother-in-law visited Vegas recently - today I got in the mail a $20 bet on Manny Ramirez to win the 2009 homerun title. As a Yankees fan he's busting my balls, but it would be sweet - 30/1 odds.

wouldn't he need to be playing? Did he ever sign a contract with anyone?

You didn't really say anything in this post.

The more time passes, the more I really, really hope the other 103 names come out. The more we know about the steroid era the better. If we can get a semi comprehensive list and study it, we might be able to actually get some kind of idea of how much steroids actually help. I hate that we don't even know how much any given player was helped.

I think it's high time we leave this one behind, what with Spring Training games coming up this Wednesday. Might make my way up to Jupiter this Sunday to catch my first Spring Training game.

wait. Which is it? learn the other 103 names, or leave this issue behind? Or do you want to find out the other 103 names but absolve Arod because he's already done his time in the public eye for being a liar and a cheat?