• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know the rules ... you can't say "anything by" so and so ... gotta name the song!

i would say We Didn't Start the Fire is one of the 20 worst songs ever

two others came to mind

"You Had a Bad Day," which I think is by Daniel Powter

and

"You're Beautiful," by James Blunt

both suck beyond comprehension

Well you picked two good ones so I would put those on my list

For Celine I would pick My Heart Will Go On

Mariah Carey Someday ...That scretch at the end gives me heartburn!

Whitney Houston I'm Every Woman grates me!

Do you seriously not like that song? It's one of my favorites from the Mermaid Avenues.

Snap - sorry, I thought you were referring to something else (Ummville joke) there.

Either way, I don't dig the tune, but I can see liking it.

I love Yes's version of America, which appeared originally on the Age of Atlantic compilation.

was recorded during the Close to the Edge sessions in 1972, with the anderson / squire / howe / wakeman / bruford lineup

have never heard a negative word about it -- even paul simon dug it

but it's cool

It's on the Close to The Edge cd re-master now.

They also did Every Little Thing (The Beatles) and I See You (The Byrds), on Yes (their first album). They also covered Everydays (Buffalo Springfield) on Time and A Word (their second album).

I love Yes's version of America, which appeared originally on the Age of Atlantic compilation.

was recorded during the Close to the Edge sessions in 1972, with the anderson / squire / howe / wakeman / bruford lineup

have never heard a negative word about it -- even paul simon dug it

but it's cool

Don't get me wrong, I love Yes, and I thought their cover of "Every Little Thing" from their debut was brilliant, but I got America as a bonus track on a Close to the Edge disc. Simon May have loved it, but I thought they completely missed the point. JMO....

And would y'all please stop talking about Mariah Carey! All I can think of is here gawd awful, egotistical screeching during a group song at the 9/11 concert. I think Neil was fronting that song....

It's on the Close to The Edge cd re-master now.

They also did Every Little Thing (The Beatles) and I See You (The Byrds), on Yes (their first album). They also covered Everydays (Buffalo Springfield) on Time and A Word (their second album).

I saw Yes cover I'm Down by the Beatles at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City in the summer of 1974, during the Relayer tour

Howe cooked on the solo

I saw Yes cover I'm Down by the Beatles at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City in the summer of 1974, during the Relayer tour

Howe cooked on the solo

Hell yes. I have a version of that from the Yesyears boxset - I think it's from RFK in '76, though.

Speaking of Aerosmith, that "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" song would fit nicely on this list. Absolute dreck.

Crazy or Cryin' as well. Those fuckers really went in the tank when they started 12-steppin'.

Everything put out by those "generock" Stain, Creed, Nickleback, etc. groups should probably dominate my "worst" list. That stuff takes itself way too seriously for how completely unoriginal and utterly boring they all are. At least pop songs are sometimes danceable (especially where booze is involved). I'm pretty open minded about music, but I can't bear the "greatest hits of modern rock" radio crap. Sadly, I have several friends who think it's totally awesome stuff and I have to burn cds for them sometimes. :yucky

my bad

of course 1974 was the Tales tour and 1976 was the relayer tour

yes may be the greatest band ever

I know it's a matter of personal taste, but I will not argue that last statement - especially the classic lineup with Rick and Steve. As far as Rock goes, has there ever been a band with more chops? I say no.