• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Lord, whatever song the NFL is using, "You Had A Bad Day", I don't know who sings it. I almost threw my beer at the TV. But the beer didn't do anything wrong.

Oh Lord, whatever song the NFL is using, "You Had A Bad Day", I don't know who sings it. I almost threw my beer at the TV. But the beer didn't do anything wrong.

yeah, i may have mentioned that "song" earlier in this thread

quite possibly the worst piece of shit ever

simply wretched

"Cruel Summer" wasn't a cover. Maybe you're thinking of "Venus"? (That sucked big-time.)

"Rickey" was a cover, however ... of a song called "Kitty," which was changed to "Mickey" for Toni Basil.

thanks for the info/orrection and apologies to all for my sloppiness. damn, i was even sober....

yeah, i may have mentioned that "song" earlier in this thread

quite possibly the worst piece of shit ever

simply wretched

Really, is that the same song?! And they played it all over the place. Absolute turd.

There has been hideous, sick-making music in every decade of the RXR era (of course), but for sheer volume and percentage of crap-to-good (or even listenable :rolleyes ) the '80s takes the prize. Just my .02, but there is just so much stuff from that time I cannot tolerate ("skinny-tie" synth-pop, fake "hair farmer" metal, etc.) that it could be argued that "worst song of the '80s" deserves a whole thread to itself. Maybe if we can focus ourselves that thread will come to pass. :lol

It's the Final Countdown..... :stunned

There has been hideous, sick-making music in every decade of the RXR era (of course), but for sheer volume and percentage of crap-to-good (or even listenable :rolleyes ) the '80s takes the prize. Just my .02, but there is just so much stuff from that time I cannot tolerate ("skinny-tie" synth-pop, fake "hair farmer" metal, etc.) that it could be argued that "worst song of the '80s" deserves a whole thread to itself. Maybe if we can focus ourselves that thread will come to pass. :lol

It's the Final Countdown..... :stunned

I concur.

The first thing that pops into my head is "Tell Laura I Love Her" - I don't recall who sang this steaming pile of shite but as Matt said earlier, it's probably best that I don't.

True story:

I was walking along the harbor in Hong Kong a couple years ago, and this "band" of Chinese guys had set up and was playing this very song out on the walkway. Actually, it was more of "Tell Raura I Ruv Her." It was one of the more bizarre, surreal moments of my lifetime.

CIMG0647.JPG

i am sure i am in the minority, and being new to the forum this might be a bit unsettling, but I think Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal is pretty unlistenable.

at the very least, songs like "my humps" and the like allow for a bit of headbobbing (though I agree that one in particular is pretty wretched).

As far as songs I have heard on the radio and just thought "OH GOOD LORD", I would say nothing has made me turn the channel faster than Godsmack - Voodoo.

My vote is "Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band...

Song is completely necessary for this reason:

anchorman.jpg

"Cruel Summer"

I like "Cruel Summer"...I'll say it.

I have to add hollerback (hollaback?) girl by the no doubt singer

bleck.

I think it's ok to fun with music every once in a while. ;)

Here's my vote:

5310923.jpg

In all seriousness though...as someone in the other thread said...I think it HAS to be "Hotel California." The Duder and I agree.

There tons of non-RnR genre songs that are gaud-awful, but for those (supposedly) within the genre, my vote goes to REO Speedwagon's "Take It On The Run".

Makes me vomit everytime. Why does FM radio keep playing this song??

True story:

I was walking along the harbor in Hong Kong a couple years ago, and this "band" of Chinese guys had set up and was playing this very song out on the walkway. Actually, it was more of "Tell Raura I Ruv Her." It was one of the more bizarre, surreal moments of my lifetime.

CIMG0647.JPG

Damn, Vince...now that's a story HST would approve of. "Fear And Loathing In The Orient". :thumbup

There tons of non-RnR genre songs that are gaud-awful, but for those (supposedly) within the genre, my vote goes to REO Speedwagon's "Take It On The Run".

Makes me vomit everytime. Why does FM radio keep playing this song??

I don't recognize this title.

I don't recognize this title.

just think ...

heard it from a friend who

heard it from a friend who

heard it from another you been messin' around

they say you got a boy friend

you're out late every weekend

they're talkin' about you and it's bringin' me down

i actually dig roll with the changes and keep on lovin' you wasn't the worst of the early power ballads

but take it on the run is indeed as bad as it gets

I kind of like Afternoon delight, and Brandy, and a lot of other songs that are supposed to be embarrassing. But the vast majority of these posts are on the money! Others people have mentioned to me are Knights in white satin ( I don't mind that one but the poetry part is pretty lame) and that "White bird in a golden cage" song. Can't say I hate that one either.

Pretty much anything by Korn makes me nauseous.

Others people have mentioned to me are Knights in white satin ( I don't mind that one but the poetry part is pretty lame)

I have always liked that song - since I was a kid and first heard it. I think it is best heard within the context of the album - and not as a single. But - that is hard to do - as it has charted as a single (different from the album version) more than once over the years. A lot of people may not know this - but Days of Future Passed was only their second album.

1. "The Day Begins" (Peter Knight & The Moody Blues) / "Morning Glory" (Graeme Edge) (unlisted track)