that song from Friends deserves consideration although I am willing to consider that my hatred of the song has as much if not more to do with the show itself and the people who watch it.

I like that show, but that is one awful tune. Those guys, The Rembrandts, have another song that I would consider for this thread - "That's Just The Way It Is Baby"

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the criteria for inclusion I'd have to say "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" by Poison. This type of whiney, "poor me", pseudo-philosophical power ballad is what made me put my distortion box away and try to become a bluesman (it didn't work, I'm still a nerdy white guy).

I'm not afraid to go all power ballad-y and belt shit like that out if I'm drunk and I've got a partner in musical crime to air guitar with. :cheers Not a power ballad, but I recently discovered "Radar Love" is amazing for this activity.

that song from Friends deserves consideration although I am willing to consider that my hatred of the song has as much if not more to do with the show itself and the people who watch it.

Throw some hate this way too. I think Friends is a great show.

I don't think creed has been properly represented in this thread. I would look up a song to specically name but aren't they basically all the same?

yeah, they would fit better in the "Worst Band of All-Time" category. I'm not sure any of their "songs" are even distinguishable from the others.

I don't think creed has been properly represented in this thread. I would look up a song to specically name but aren't they basically all the same?

Indeed! My son once wrote a tune called "Scott Stapp" that was so awesomely vicious about the guy I wish I could write the lyrics down here for you. I'll see if he still has it.

Based on the criteria for inclusion I'd have to say "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" by Poison. This type of whiney, "poor me", pseudo-philosophical power ballad is what made me put my distortion box away and try to become a bluesman (it didn't work, I'm still a nerdy white guy).

Did we really make it through 101 posts before someone thought to include Every Rose??

Did we really make it through 101 posts before someone thought to include Every Rose??

hard to believe

as bad as it gets

although, man, that buckcherry song i heard today at WaWa was just unimaginably wretched

like if a bunch of us got together one night and tried like hell to write and record the worst rock song we could come up with ... i honestly don't think we could come up with anything that bad

like if a bunch of us got together one night and tried like hell to write and record the worst rock song we could come up with ... i honestly don't think we could come up with anything that bad

True, but oh what fun we would have! :thumbup

I've thought about burning a disc of nothing but Elvis movie songs (from the 60's) and calling it the worst possible product ever put out by a most talented person. ~ I love the King, so don't give me crap ~ unless you've actually attended a Clambake.

And John Mayer needs to stick to effing-up his own songs (Your Body is a Wonderland) and stop screwing with Tom Petty songs. Bad enough XM is playing it, the store music at work plays it, too. I don't know who I want to shoot more - myself or John Mayer.

Dear John, Please lose the pen and step away from the mike. Stick with the pick, kid.

I've thought about burning a disc of nothing but Elvis movie songs (from the 60's) and calling it the worst possible product ever put out by a most talented person. ~ I love the King, so don't give me crap ~ unless you've actually attended a Clambake.

And John Mayer needs to stick to effing-up his own songs (Your Body is a Wonderland) and stop screwing with Tom Petty songs. Bad enough XM is playing it, the store music at work plays it, too. I don't know who I want to shoot more - myself or John Mayer.

Dear John, Please lose the pen and step away from the mike. Stick with the pick, kid.

Mayer is unfathomably awful.

I'm afraid to ask what Petty song he demolished.