John Mayer = my guilty pleasure. So him live last about 1 1/2 years ago. I enjoyed it. Mostly there to see Ben Folds open, but I like his general sense of melody and he is a great guitar player. Maybe he can find a lyricist.

He is a good guitar player although you would not really know it from most of his music. That constipated thing he does while he sings is also very distracting.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a good guitar player although you would not really know it from most of his music.

Exactly. I had zero idea he could even hold a guitar until I saw him on PBS playing alongside Clapton, King & Guy. I thought, "What? He win a fantasy camp contest or something?" He played great. Then I thought, "Then why the hell does that douchebag play such horrible shit on his own?"

He can play (And I'm not a guitar bitch like a few people here.), but he cannot write and it seems like he's trying to imitate Dave Matthews when he sings. Might I suggest that if he wants to do a cover song, maybe he could stay within his realm and re-make "I'm Like a Bird."

Mayer is a hulking pile of steaming vomit and I can't be convinced otherwise, no matter how many licks he can play on the guitar.

I don't really know anybody that likes him yet he is huge. Are his fans older or younger? Male or Female? Must be people I don't interact with much.

I don't really know anybody that likes him yet he is huge. Are his fans older or younger? Male or Female? Must be people I don't interact with much.

mainly hot college chicks i think and their asshole sideways-yankees-cap-wearing boyfriends

so yeah, people i don't interact much with either!

Mayer is a hulking pile of steaming vomit and I can't be convinced otherwise, no matter how many licks he can play on the guitar.

How many licks on the guitar does it take to get to some talent?

Tootsie_Popl_Owl-Jr-Tee.jpg

:thumbup There really should be a Nuge-bashing thread.

This would be the thread for it but I do still like "Great White Buffalo". A holdover from my youth when I thought the Nuge was "cool".

This would be the thread for it but I do still like "Great White Buffalo". A holdover from my youth when I thought the Nuge was "cool".

You know what? I tend to agree with you. "Buffalo" at least has some decent lyrics (in my view).

I have a friend who plays guitar and he can play the shit out of that song. But I still hate Nuge anyway. :lol

You know what? I tend to agree with you. "Buffalo" at least has some decent lyrics (in my view).

I have a friend who plays guitar and he can play the shit out of that song. But I still hate Nuge anyway. :lol

Yeah, somewhere along the lines he became a douche bag or at least I realized it.

I said above the canyon walls

Strong eyes did glow

It was the leader of the clan

Oh my god

The great white buffalo

Look out.

All from memory baby.