7 Worlds Collide in Auckland

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

little Bits of 'You never know' J effs one

Come on all children lets act like children...

Every generation thinks it's the last

thinks it's the end of the world...but you never know

Chorus: i don.t care any more, i don.t care any more, I don't care, I don't care, I don't care

Thats all i remember

According to the Frenz board the Wilco contribution on the last night included "At Least That's What You Said", "The Late Greats", "I'm A Wheel", "Reservations", "Jesus, Etc", "What Light", and the newie "You Never Know". Lisa Germano provided violin backing on lots of the Wilco stuff (a la Andrew Bird I guess). Also included Jeff taking lead vocals on the final ensemble number "Something In the Air". KT Tunstall apparently performed a new number called "Hazel Black" co-written with Jeff and Neil Finn.

Jeff again took the lead on "Fake Plastic Trees" and also sang with Neil on "Throw Your Arm Around Me".

Sounds like Glenn and Pat were busy men on the night, providing backing for lots of the different ensembles.

Hope there's a DVD out of all this....

Neil and Jeff did I Got You (Split Enz, not Wilco) last night, and it was probably my favourite thing from all three nights.

Awesome! It reminds me of another rendition of "I Got You" from a few years ago, though Neil and Jeff's version probably sounded better. :blush

Elroy Finn played drums on At Least Thats What You Said night three.

There was twin drum kit action on many songs(opener Distant Sun with Phil Selway and I think Glenn(Elroy has a similar mop so it was a bit hard to tell at times)) Funny moment when Bic Runga said something like" How lucky am I, just got back from recording my new album in Nashville and now I get to play one of the songs from it with one of my all time favorite bands Wilco. This is... ...oh my god I've totally forgotten your name! (to John Stirrat ) Poor Woman nearly died of embarrassment! I really liked the song Phil Selway wrote and sung and Johny Marr doing Second Chance.

I could imagine Wilco doing something with the same concept in a few years time (I guess the Minus 5 thing was similar in a way) wouldn't that be ace.

Jeff again took the lead on "Fake Plastic Trees" and also sang with Neil on "Throw Your Arm Around Me".

I don't think Jeff sang on "Throw Your Arms Around Me". That was Don McGlashin trading verses with Neil, and I don't remember seeing Jeff on stage during that song.

However, it was awesome seeing Jeff and Neil trading verses on "I Got You", even if Jeff was quite visibly looking down at the lyrics on the floor. I was standing upstairs and could see the whole floor bouncing up and down on that number, more than any other song. That was one the show's highlights, along with Jeff singing "Fake Plastic Trees" with the Radiohead guys backing. Then the all-hands-on-stage closer "Something in the Air" with Jeff taking the lead.

Although of course I would have liked to have seen more Wilco -- we got robbed of California Stars on the 3rd night! :( -- one of the highlights of the show was when Wilco came out and their first song was "At Least that's what You Said", a song I'd always liked but never fully appreciated. Jeff's vocals were just so strong, just totally hit the mark, and then he tore off the most blistering guitar solo I've ever seen him do, and most animated too, making full use of the stage.

Overall, a great night and it was good to see Neil pull out all his classics and have the whole crowd singing along, and seeing young Liam feeding off the energy of all these great musicians on one stage.

Now, has anyone seen a setlist for the 3rd night?

this would have been a special night... I wanted ed vedder playing with neil and wilco but oh well still would have been amazing. Can anyone post the 3 nights setlists? I have only seen the 2nd night's set.

Liam Finn is such a talented musician generally he can play 60 instruments I think and does extensive looping. Worth catching live for sure.

Wait. Has there been a release date mentioned for this project? I'm not finding one....

no release date for the live DVD (assumed) or the studio album... recommend buying the first 7 worlds collide for a teaser.