Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say nominate/induct anyone that has ever had anything to do with music in any way. Which reminds me: Why the fuck isn't Bach in there by now, anyway?

Massive influence on '80s guitar shredders.  He should be in for sure.

Has anybody even ever heard a Deep Purple tune? 

You know if I didn't know you were just being facetious I'd come out to Denver and boink you on the fucking head with a tire iron.

If there has EVER EVER been a band that should be in there it's Purple. Jesus Christ, that band set the template (along with Zeppelin) for every hard rock band that's ever followed.

I heard something about Yes being in the running as well. WAY overdue. They were as big as it gets in the 70s.

I'm surprised to hear you, of all people, say this.

I'm surprised to hear me say it too...,

But look at the list of inductees.  Most of the greats have been honored.  I guess it is his turn. 

LouieB

I'm surprised to hear me say it too...,

But look at the list of inductees.  Most of the greats have been honored.  I guess it is his turn. 

LouieB

The thing that was surprising about it is that you...the old ghuy who knows a lot...don't seem to think he's done anything worthy of induction, when in fact, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone more worthy in the "early influences" category.

I agree that Link Wray is more deserving than many of induction. Also, he did it all with one lung, which is pretty damned rock and roll.

The thing that was surprising about it is that you...the old ghuy who knows a lot...don't seem to think he's done anything worthy of induction, when in fact, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone more worthy in the "early influences" category.

Well I never said he didn't do anything. I pretty much said he did one thing, which I guess is enough to get him in.

But then again there as so many inductees (as I pointed out also) who aren't even rock musicians (many of whom had nothing to do with rock because it didn't exist when they were active), that at least he was a rock and roller. But if they are going to induct Miles Davis, I suppose John Coltrane, Sun Ra, Thelonius Monk and a whole bunch of jazz musicians who influenced rock musicians should also be inducted.

LouieB

Well I never said he didn't do anything. I pretty much said he did one thing, which I guess is enough to get him in.

But then again there as so many inductees (as I pointed out also) who aren't even rock musicians (many of whom had nothing to do with rock because it didn't exist when they were active), that at least he was a rock and roller. But if they are going to induct Miles Davis, I suppose John Coltrane, Sun Ra, Thelonius Monk and a whole bunch of jazz musicians who influenced rock musicians should also be inducted.

LouieB

Maybe the argument is that Miles was more instrumental in the creation of Fusion so at least has some influence on rock music?  I don't pretend to understand how they decide who qualifies.