Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Probably not too many fans here - but Days of Future Passed is a ground breaking album. In Search of The Lost Chord is also great. The rest are hit and miss for me.

I love the Moody Blues and saw them many times back in the day. Seventh Sojourn is my favorite, but there are songs I love on all of their albums. I saw Justin Hayward solo a couple of years ago and it was just as good as seeing the Moodies!
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bon Jovi are terrible and undeserving of even a nomination.

While I agree with your first assertion, the second part of your statement is an obviously fallacy, based upon the history of past inductees. This is not an award for artistic merit, this is a popularity contest. By that measure, they absolutely belong in.

If anyone's grocery store pumps in music from the same satellite mine grabs from, you are probably overly familiar with a recent offering of Bon Jovi's, a travesty of a song called something like "who says you can't go home again", with an unforgivable repeated chant of "s'allright, s'allright, s'allright, s'allright..." It's the worst thing they've ever done.

If anyone's grocery store pumps in music from the same satellite mine grabs from, you are probably overly familiar with a recent offering of Bon Jovi's, a travesty of a song called something like "who says you can't go home again", with an unforgivable repeated chant of "s'allright, s'allright, s'allright, s'allright..." It's the worst thing they've ever done.

I'll be there for you

When you breathe I wanna be the air for you

These five words I swear to you

I'll be there for you

Now go rinse your ears with muratic acid to rid yourself of the earworm. 

I love the Moody Blues and saw them many times back in the day. Seventh Sojourn is my favorite, but there are songs I love on all of their albums. I saw Justin Hayward solo a couple of years ago and it was just as good as seeing the Moodies!

Yeah, I saw them during the Moraz period (early 80s) and then a few times with an orchestra. Always a nice evening out. 

Legend of a Mind is the one for me. Really a nice song - the flute solo in the middle gives me chills.

Mountain bed co-wrote it. Or, made love to it a few times, at least.

REPORTED

The first time I saw Big Audio Dynamite, Mick Jones said, "I don't want no Bon Jovi on my musical pizza!". 

Recent? Dude - that song is 12 years old! It's so bad too!

Ok for a little I got to stand up for Jovi. Yes he writes tons of pedestrian songs. He has a few I like Runaway, Etc however in terms of a person he is a real stand up guy. He has done so much for the local community here. He has opened up several pay what you want restaurants for the poor in the community. He has also donated playgrounds, tons of money and volunteered all over the state. For that I am happy he is getting recognized still musically he should not be in over Radiohead and Depeche thought!

The first two are probably the best.

Down to the Waterline is one of my favorite Dire Straits songs.

Great song !

Seen Mark Knopfler early 2000s and he was still rocking with a solid band.

Got Brothers in Arms for the Encore,floated home.

Saw him again a few years ago nice night but that 1st time was amazing.

• 9 months later...

Early Tuesday (Oct. 9) morning, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced the nominees for induction into the 2019 Rock Hall class. Def Leppard, Devo, Janet Jackson, John Prine, Kraftwerk, LL Cool J, MC5, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Roxy Music, Stevie Nicks, the Cure, Todd Rundgren, Rufus & Chaka Kahn and the Zombies are all potentially up for induction at the March 29, 2019, ceremony in Brooklyn, NY, at Barclays Center.

^^^ Just saw John Prine Friday at the Ryman. So many great, GREAT songs and a real class act.  I hope he makes it.

He won't.

Not that he doesn't deserve to, but he won't.