The Pearl Jam Thread

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as some of you probably know, Pearl Jam is playing a string of four dates this week to close out the Spectrum in Philadelphia. This Saturday's Halloween show will be the last performance ever in the building as it's being demolished soon after.

And apparently at last night's show, Ed said that the band was going to play "everything they know" this week, wrapping up at 2 am on Halloween.

Needless to say I just got a bit more excited to leave for Philly.... :w00t

yeah, this is going to be amazing. i'll be going to the shows on friday and saturday. it seems pretty likely that the 2 am curfew is legit, not to mention that the clocks are turning, so we will be gaining an hour.

also very likely that we will get a special guest.

anyone in the philly area, or within a 3 hour drive should definitely go to this show. just tellin ya know, even if you aren't a pj fan. it's going to be incredible.

I hear they're playing Red Mosquito on an almost daily basis again, and All Those Yesterdays is finally in set lists, and not acoustic!

they were playing red mosquito at every show where ben harper opened

all those yesterdays was played at one of the four philly shows

be nice if it was in the regular rotation when they come around again in the spring of 2010

they played a ton of rare tunes in Philly-some great, some not so much

Although I love Vitalogy, I've always thought I could do without: Bugs, Aye Davanita, and Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me.

I think it's funny that Immortality is stuck in between the last two though. To me, that is one of the best Pearl Jam songs of all time.

Although I love Vitalogy, I've always thought I could do without: Bugs, Aye Davanita, and Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me.

I think it's funny that Immortality is stuck in between the last two though. To me, that is one of the best Pearl Jam songs of all time.

Vitalogy is my favorite and I love all of those songs you mentioned. They work so well within the overall vibe of that album. I would miss them greatly.

I agree with you on Immortality.

Agreed, agreed. Saturday's show was one of the most surreal events I've witnessed. Someone said (and I concur) that it's probably the closest thing we'll get to a NYE show from Pearl Jam. Just really loose and fun.

Bugs and Sweet Lew? I mean come on! :yay

was at Fri & Sat's shows...

Friday was the better show, but Saturday was certainly the most memorable PJ show i've ever seen (read: not best by any means, but certainly craziest/most fun).

Wow the setlist for Saturdays show was 40 songs long! How long a show was that?!

:rock

• 2 weeks later...

Finally,I listened to Backspacer. I enjoyed it. I hope that it grows on me.

At first I thought this album was done so that they can use these songs to replace the other rockers. :shifty You know, after something like Oceans or Release. Boom! Then they launch into about 4 rockers then slow things down a bit. I was surprised to hear some slower songs on here. While off the bat, I don't think there's any gems like Army Reserve or Gone from the last one.

Now, time to look at the calendar and think of when Pearl Jam will come to Boston.

may is the rumor for the east coast

Thanks! I've actually seen fake dates on their message board.

Coincidentally, after I listened to Backspacer Saturday night I put on FlashFoward on my dvr. The first thing that I heard is The End. Very strange at the time.

Thanks! I've actually seen fake dates on their message board.

Coincidentally, after I listened to Backspacer Saturday night I put on FlashFoward on my dvr. The first thing that I heard is The End. Very strange at the time.

yeah that thread is a joke, not the real dates

but a reliable source tells me NE dates are being held in may

of course its not 100%, just that the band is looking at dates in May

yep they had two songs on flash forward, unthought known and the end

now if they would just release those philly boots I could get on with my life :)

Just giving folks a friendly reminder to do an Easter Egg Hunt for PBS's Austin City Limits featuring Pearl Jam beginning tomorrow at 7p.m.

Check your local listings indeed. I looked at the Boston and NH affiliates and it is not on at all this week. If anyone can find it in these areas let me know.

Otherwise, enjoy the show.

Thanks

:thumbup

i used one of the 2 free downloads for one of the 2008 Mansfield shows, and i was quite surprised that almost the entire show is made up of songs from Yield and earlier.

Have they ever played 'No Way'? I've always loved that song and would think that it would translate well live. I believe they had done Brain of J at one time or another over the years, which is another rocking tune!

i used one of the 2 free downloads for one of the 2008 Mansfield shows, and i was quite surprised that almost the entire show is made up of songs from Yield and earlier.

Have they ever played 'No Way'? I've always loved that song and would think that it would translate well live. I believe they had done Brain of J at one time or another over the years, which is another rocking tune!

WOW!? Do you have ESP or what?!

I went looking for info and here's what I found. I knew that they may have tried it around the 98 Yield Tour at least once or twice.

Times Played 7

DATE LOCATION VENUE

Tue Nov 17, 2009 Adelaide, Australia Adelaide Oval

Wed Oct 28, 2009 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Wachovia Spectrum Arena

Fri Sep 25, 2009 Vancouver, BC GM Place

Tue Sep 22, 2009 Seattle, Washington Key Arena

Pearl Jam - No Way

Mon Sep 07, 1998 Virginia Beach, Virginia Virginia Beach Amphitheatre

Tue Sep 01, 1998 Atlanta, Georgia Lakewood Amphitheatre

Tue Aug 25, 1998 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Star Lake Amphitheater

LOL. They just started playing it recently. I had no idea. NO WAY indeed.

Brain Of J used to get played a lot in the past.

yeah they just started playing no way on this mini tour for the first time in many many years-I was lucky to catch it at the 10/28 show in philly

brain of J does get played a few times each tour

the ACL broadcast was pretty good

eds voice was shot and the mix was funky-Mike was loud and Stone was very low in the mix

but still a decent show-red mosquito with Ben Harper was great