The Pearl Jam Thread

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the simulcast for this one but haven't seen the actual program yet...curious to see what they cut out and what made it into the show.

Here was the full setlist:

Main Set: Walking The Cow, Just Breathe (with strings), The End (with strings), The Fixer, Johnny Guitar, Amongst The Waves, Unthought Known, Army Reserve, Driven To Tears, Do the Evolution, Got Some

Encore: Lukin (with strings), Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Inside Job, Life Wasted Reprise>>>Betterman, Gonna See My Friend, Porch

Encore II: Crazy Mary, Star Spangled Banner

Here was the full setlist:

Main Set: Just Breathe (with strings), The End (with strings), The Fixer, Johnny Guitar, Amongst The Waves, Unthought Known, Army Reserve, Do the Evolution

Encore: Lukin (with strings), Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Inside Job, Porch

there ya go

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've seen PJ enough times now that the concert dates weren't that big of a deal...until I saw Band of Horses was the opener. I've been wanting to try them out live and you know with PJ to follow the night will at least be good if not great.

Count me among those who consider Band of Horses to be a big plus for this tour. I've been wanting to see them for a while now.

That said, it looks like I'll be trying for Cleveland during the Ten Club sale. I'm annoyed that they appear to be skipping Pittsburgh again and I'm sure tickets are going to cost much more than I want to pay. But I guess the guys are getting older, so might as well give in and travel a little bit while the opportunity is there. If they add a Pittsburgh show later on I know someone who will probably be willing to pay for the tickets, so that's a plus.

Count me among those who consider Band of Horses to be a big plus for this tour. I've been wanting to see them for a while now.

That said, it looks like I'll be trying for Cleveland during the Ten Club sale. I'm annoyed that they appear to be skipping Pittsburgh again and I'm sure tickets are going to cost much more than I want to pay. But I guess the guys are getting older, so might as well give in and travel a little bit while the opportunity is there. If they add a Pittsburgh show later on I know someone who will probably be willing to pay for the tickets, so that's a plus.

How much are ticket prices these days? Other than Lolla, I haven't seen them since the Riot Act tour.

How much are ticket prices these days? Other than Lolla, I haven't seen them since the Riot Act tour.

I last saw them in 2006, so I can't say from experience. But I think I read that tickets are can get in the $160 range for a pair. Don't quote me on that though - I can't remember my source.

I'll be paying for both my ticket and my companion's, so that sounds pretty expensive to me . . .

I got tickets to the Cleveland show very easily from the Ten Club presale today - $150 for the pair.

I've been happy with my seat the previous 3 times I've seen the band. I hope I do at least as well this time, since I have to go out of state this time around.

I was trying to remember what I paid the one and only time I saw them (2003). I think it was 25 or 30 bucks.

I read this interview with Neil Peart the other day where he talking about how a band use to tour to promote a record, in that records sales equaled money, but now, bands tour to make money. At least for bands at the level of popularity. I would think that is one of the reasons they have raised ticket prices. And, the cost of touring has of course increased.

I was trying to remember what I paid the one and only time I saw them (2003). I think it was 25 or 30 bucks.

I read this interview with Neil Peart the other day where he talking about how a band use to tour to promote a record, in that records sales equaled money, but now, bands tour to make money. At least for bands at the level of popularity. I would think that is one of the reasons they have raised ticket prices. And, the cost of touring has of course increased.

I just looked up my history at the Ten Club, and apparently I spent $80.50 in 2003 (for a pair), and $117.40 in 2006. Can't remember what I paid in 2000 when I saw them for the first time.

I feel somewhat guilty paying so much when many of the other bands I love play for half that price or less. At the same time, Pearl Jam was my favorite band for so many years. They meant more to me than anything else when I was in high school. I have to go for sentimental reasons alone.

And I'm sure they'll put on a great show!

I wouldn't mind seeing them again either. I think tickets go on sale here Friday. I KNOW my son will be going.

When he graduated HS in '06 I got him tickets to a run of Midwest shows as a present. He'd heard the stories about my Dead escapades when I was young and I really wanted him to have that experience.

As long as they don't play too many songs off the last album. I'd like to see them again myself.

That's understandable. I don't think I've listened to Backspacer since October, it was such a disappointment. I feel like I should go back and give it another try so I'll at least be familiar with the songs.