The Pearl Jam Thread

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to go to Made in America, but I have tickets for Springsteen on Sunday, and I have a feeling that that is the night they're going to be playing too

we live in south jersey so very close to this festival.. I have seen pearl jam almost 20 times as has my wife but we won't be making this trip.. not interested in seeing pj do a hits set for 1.5.

I live in Philly and I won't be doing the festival... ridiculous prices, crappy lineup, no option yet for a one day pass, plus an awesome free festival in Baltimore that weekend.

Haven't seen PJ since June 2008 :(

I saw 3/4 spectrum shows plus MSG and PJ20 so I have been lucky but it's rare that PJ play in your backyard these days.. thats why i wish they were doing a 2 or 3 run at wells fargo instead of that extremely horrible festival in philly.

• 5 months later...
We are excited to announce two special Pearl Jam live performances to take place in London, Ontario and at Chicago’s Wrigley Field in July 2013. Both evenings will be An Evening with Pearl Jam; there will not be an opening band for either performance date.

The two show dates are:
Tues, July 16 - London, Ontario Budweiser Gardens
Fri, July 19 - Chicago, Illinois at Wrigley Field

*Fall Tour dates in the US will be announced in the coming months.

Public Sale tickets:
Chicago IL – Sat, Feb 9th 10am local time at http://www.tickets.com
London, ON – Sat, Feb 9th 10am local time at http://www.budweisergardens.com/events, by phone at 1.866.455.2849, or in person at the Box Office or Ticket Outlets.
  • 5 months later...

Pearl Jam Countdown Clock

I wonder who came up with that idea?

I think they have brought in outside marketing help at some point in the last couple of years. Probably around the time they started to release the deluxe box sets.

Excited for Wrigley, new music and hopefully a tour with enough dates so that tickets wont be impossible to get.

Dates... The coasts, Canada, and the south

DATE  CITY  VENUE
Oct-11 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
Oct-12 Buffalo, NY First Niagara Center
Oct-15 Worcester, MA DCU Center
Oct-18 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
Oct-19 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
Oct-21 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
Oct-22 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
Oct-25 Hartford, CT XL Center
Oct-27 Baltimore, MD 1st Mariner Arena
Oct-29 Charlottesville, VA  John Paul Jones Arena
Oct-30 Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena
Nov-1-3* New Orleans, LA Voodoo Music + Arts Experience

Nov-15 Dallas, TX American Airlines Arena
Nov-16 Oklahoma City, OK Chesapeake Energy Arena
Nov-19  Phoenix, AZ Jobing.com Arena
Nov-21 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena
Nov-23 Los Angeles, CA Sports Arena
Nov-24 Los Angeles, CA Sports Arena
Nov-26 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
Nov-29 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena
Nov-30 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena
Dec-2 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
Dec-4 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Dec-6 Seattle, WA Key Arena

I was excited to see this announced. I've been off and on over the years about Pearl Jam, but I think I'm finally ready to see them again.  Last time was New Orleans during the Binaural tour.  They're playing Charlottesville, so there's no excuse to miss (that's if I can snag a ticket before they sell out in 5 seconds).  

Really?!  Much like Wilco fans, it takes all kinds and you never know what you're going to get.  I call Binaural, and Riot Act their later classics, self titled a ho-hum album and Backspacer their fall from grace.

Also like with Wilco, it's cool that while they're disappointing some people, others are getting pumped.

Really?!  Much like Wilco fans, it takes all kinds and you never know what you're going to get.  I call Binaural, and Riot Act their later classics, self titled a ho-hum album and Backspacer their fall from grace.

Also like with Wilco, it's cool that while they're disappointing some people, others are getting pumped.

I like all of PJ's albums, but I tend to agree with the standard story that S/T is a strong comeback album and Riot Act is a "we're trying to destroy our fan base and piss off the record company" album.

I can't tell you much about Binaural and Riot Act.  I think I heard Binaural once and Riot Act never.  I've always been on ho-hum on PJ in general.  All I can say about Backspacer is that it's rock and roll.

I don't know if I would call it that. You should get No Code.