The Pearl Jam Thread

I wonder if this is the first time they have toured without releasing a new album. 

Nah. They toured in 2010, 2011, and 2012 without a new album to promote. Actually, they've toured almost every year since 1991. Exceptions are '97, '99, '01, and of course '15. Love these guys! Can't wait to see 'em in Florida in a few months.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are one of those bands that I use to listen to a lot/sometimes still do - but don't know a whole lot about really. I suppose I know the general story - at least as far as what was presented in the PJ20 documentary. 

Backspacer came out in the latter half of 2009, and they only did a few shows, mostly out west and Philly. So 2010 was the proper Backspacer tour. But yes they tour pretty often, though it seems they like to alternate years between North America /Europe/South America..

Lammy youre an old head aren't you???

GA floor at a venue that holds less than 10K for a band that can sell 20K seats easily is where its at my man.

Not to mention the front right floor is a special place in my heart of hearts

Good point. I haven't been to Hampton since maybe '92. Forgot how small it was....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That was an amazing little run through the east coast. Went to 4 shows and enjoyed each one immensely.

I was there! Totally awesome, and completely out of left field. Surrender with 1/2 of Cheap Trick was awesome too! If Pearl Jam ever pulled a Wilco and performed an all-covers show.. well, I don't know that it would be better than Solid Sound, but it would be incredible.

Ended up scoring tix through a friend for night 2 and got a decent seat through stub hub for night 1-$260 for 200s, row 11, so not too bad.

The first night was a great show for hardcore fans and the second night was a great rock concert. The cheap trick moment was probably the highlight for me. Took me right back to the new haven coliseum circa 1985. Awesome, just awesome. Night 2 the PA went out during porch, totally killed the momentum and it was surreal. Great shows.  Hampton was also good. These guys bring it every night.

The Porch thing didn't bother me as power only went out for a couple seconds. Not like 2006 when it went out for about 10 minutes.

They brought one kid up on stage in Canada. That was cool. I didn't read of any others. But Ed has been going out into the crowd during Porch and Mike McCready has been going out into the crowd whenever he wants and then he is running around half the arena sometimes. There have been numerous special dedications too. Clearly someone is reading the PJ fanclub forum and the band is responding to messages that resonate with them. Makes each night uniquely special.

No Code and Yield to be reissued on vinyl. Good news for people like me who have always wanted No Code in their collection....bad news for the guys on Ebay who have been trying to sell original pressings for $350 the last 10 years. 

I have Vitalogy on vinyl I think I bought it for 5 bucks or so brand new back in the day. I don't think I have ever played it. That was the last brand new record I ever bought. I recall looking it up once and seeing those prices. 

• 3 weeks later...

As much as the band hated Bush as president - I think they had at least 2 or 3 songs about him, maybe more - I wonder if they will start getting really busy if Trump got elected? Ha. I could see Eddie getting really passionate and pissed off about it. Did they write any pro-Obama type songs?

When I was thinking about that, I was wondering if they will ever have a double album, kinda like their Exile.

A double album of all goods songs pretty much recorded live in studio would be nice.

Granted, they pretty much record a lot of it live anyway, I think, the instrumental backing tracks probably.