The Pearl Jam Thread

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe jumped the gun on saying the 2 or 3 anti-Bush songs.

I would have to listen back.

They did perform a very angry or passionate Masters of War on TV, maybe Letterman, while Bush was president (I think?).

I did not know it was a Dylan song at the time and I was like, "Woah, that is heavy, man!" Ha.

I'm not sure why they did the song then. I would have to Google it.

Eddie Vedder & Mike McCready first performed Masters of War at the Dylan tribute concert in 1992. I don't know how these tribute/benefit shows go but I bet the bands are asked to perform a song, not that they get to pick it. So that song was in their back pocket long before Bush II was president.

Interesting.

Anyone know if this Best Buy exclusive Temple of the Dog CD/LP will require you paying more to have the vinyl shipped to you? They made you pay more with some McCartney reissues. You have to open the product to find out the details. RS Sticky Fingers reissue LP was shipped for no extra cost, but that was Target.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see what the TOTD shows bring.  I was able to score decent loge seats for the tower-right place right time.

Also got MSG through 10C.  We shall see.  Cant say I am overly excited, but seeing Cornell with PJ as the backing band should be fun.

It will be interesting to see what the TOTD shows bring.  I was able to score decent loge seats for the tower-right place right time.

Also got MSG through 10C.  We shall see.  Cant say I am overly excited, but seeing Cornell with PJ as the backing band should be fun.

I'll be in Philly as well. I'm super excited!

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder how it is they decided to do that LZ song? Not exactly the easiest song to play -

Temple of the Dog
Tower Theatre, Philadelphia, PA

Say Hello 2 Heaven, Wooden Jesus, Call Me a Dog, Your Saviour, Stardog Champion, Stargazer, Jump Into the Fire, Four Walled World, I’m a Mover, Pushin Forward Back, Hunger Strike, Quicksand, Heartshine, Holy Roller, Reach Down

Enc 1: Man of Golden Words, Times of Trouble, Achilles Last Stand, Baby Lemonade, Fascination Street, War Pigs

Enc 2: All Night Thing

I wonder how it is they decided to do that LZ song? Not exactly the easiest song to play -

i like that it is not a standard LZ choice to cover. always loved that 1. made a big impression when i saw them in 1977. very early show in my concert going. the guys in temple are pretty much in my age group give or take. when we were in high school, the big rock stations here played a LOT of LZ. sabbath cover not unexpected. some of the other choices are interesting. i'm loving that they are doing the cure & a lovely bowie cover. chris' voice sounds great. i think pretty good chance that mr. vedder will show up here. he should be over his world series hangover by then, haha. i'm going to the first night in seattle. sitting front part of the balcony. looking at stubhub for giggles, i could get $1500-2000 for the pair. i am going though!!!!

I can understand all that. I am old. But it just seems like a strange song to try and play live. Unless you are Jimmy Page.

Ok - thanks to the internet -

Achilles Last Stand - TOTD

Not as bad as I thought it would be - but that guy on drums just does not do it for me -

Not mind-blowingly good, but anytime a band can cover what is possibly my favorite Zeppelin song with that degree of proficiency I'm all in. I am DYING that I can't see a show on this tour.

I saw TOTD in Philly Friday night and it was amazing. For their first real show the band was tight. There were a few glitches and I'm sad I didn't get to hear River of Deceit but I got nothing to complain about. I'd never get to see Pearl Jam in such a small venue so was happy to see TOTD. Mike McCready was on fire, especially on that Sabbath cover. So good. 

It was much better than I expected.  The band sounded great and Cornell's voice sounded really good.  10c put me 14th row on Stone's side.

The MLB songs were played much better than the studio originals and the covers were fun.  Fascination street was my favorite. Sound was great, and I could feel Cameron's drums in my bones.  Great way to spend a Monday night.

• 2 months later...

I suppose this could be stuck in a bunch of threads. 

May 19th 207: Singles: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack – Deluxe Edition 

Track List

Disc One

1. Alice in Chains – "Would?"
2. Pearl Jam – "Breath"
3. Chris Cornell – "Seasons"
4. Paul Westerberg – "Dyslexic Heart"
5. The Lovemongers – "Battle of Evermore'
6. Mother Love Bone – "Chloe Dancer"/"Crown of Thorns"
7. Soundgarden – "Birth Ritual"
8. Pearl Jam – "State of Love and Trust"
9. Mudhoney- "Overblown"
10. Paul Westerberg – "Waiting for Somebody"
11. The Jimi Hendrix Experience – "May This Be Love"
12. Screaming Trees – "Nearly Lost You"
13. Smashing Pumpkins – "Drown"

Disc Two

1. Citizen Dick – "Touch Me I'm Dick" (first time on CD)
2. Chris Cornell – "Nowhere but You" (Poncier)
3. Chris Cornell – "Spoon Man" (Poncier)
4. Chris Cornell – "Flutter Girl" (Poncier)
5. Chris Cornell – "Missing" (Poncier) (first time on CD)
6. Alice In Chains – "Would?" (live) – (first time on CD)
7. Alice In Chains – "It Ain't Like That" (live) – (first time on CD)
8. Soundgarden – "Birth Ritual" (live) – (first time on CD)
9. Paul Westerberg – "Dyslexic Heart" (acoustic) – (first time on CD)
10. Paul Westerberg – "Waiting for Somebody" (score acoustic) – (previously unreleased)
11. Mudhoney – "Overblown" (demo) – (previously unreleased)
12. Truly – "Heart and Lungs"
13. Blood Circus – "Six Foot Under"
4. Mike McCready – "Singles Blues 1" (previously unreleased)
15. Paul Westerberg – "Blue Heart" (previously unreleased)
16. Paul Westerberg – "Lost in Emily's Words" (previously unreleased)
17. Chris Cornell – "Ferry Boat #3" (previously unreleased)
18. Chris Cornell – "Score Piece #4" (previously unreleased)