June 24 Florence, Italy Firenze Rocks Festival*
June 26 Taormina (Sicily), Italy Teatro Antico di Taormina

Wait until you see the prices! Crazy!

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good to read (although, I guess only two will be inducted):

Now, it seems the band is attempting to correct that wrong, by making sure those snubbed drummers also get their due. In a note shared to the band’s Facebook page, they’ve made sure to point out the contributions of percussionists past, and include all five of their drummers in the Hall of Fame hoopla. (Though, the Hall of Fame made clear to Rolling Stone only Krusen and Cameron would be officially inducted.)

Pearl Jam wrote:

“While awards and accolades are understandably subjective and a countless number of our peers have yet to be honored, we do feel fortunate to be recognized and provided the opportunity to reunite with everyone who has been part of the group. Specifically the drummers who left their distinctive mark on our band in the pre-Matt Cameron years. Dave Krusen, Matt Chamberlain, Dave Abbruzzese, and Jack Irons are each individually great players who gave their all to the early recordings and live gigs. Looking forward to seeing them and all the other musicians on the bill.”

I can tell they practiced. It just seems odd to me they would pick that song. They should do Hey Hey What Can I Do.

Just can't let this go by.  ALS was awesome. Perfect song for them to cover and they did a fantastic job.  Stone and Mike really nailed the guitarmonies and Jeff got that 12 string bass gallop down very well.  Went to Philly 2 and MSG and had a great time at both

It just seems like an odd pick to me.

Why?  (just out of curiosity).  I instantly thought "that is 100% the perfect Led Zeppelin song for them to play," and know others who thought the same.  Chris and Stone in particular are big Zep nerds, so I'm sure it was just a matter of what songs they really wanted to do

• 10 months later...

Two Seattle shows at Safeco this summer - expecting to attract 100,000 concert goers and raise $10,000,000 for Seattle's homeless. Pretty impressive.

https://pearljam.com/news/the-home-shows

Pearl Jam is pledging a minimum of $1 million toward local homelessness initiatives. They challenge everyone to join them -- with the goal of raising a minimum of $10 million pledged toward addressing homelessness in 2018.The band is researching a wide range of programs to address Seattle-area homelessness in varied ways with a plan to announce specific beneficiaries closer to the show dates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got tix for the 2nd Seattle show. I saw them a lot in the early days in small places (spoiled) but it has been at least 10 years. Have seen Eddie pop up at other people's shows many times since then. My friend has only seen them once, so I pleasantly surprised her & got these. Actually we're both excited. I did the new ticketbastard verified fan presale & it actually worked. At first only upper deck came up but when I hit the ADA button some great seats came up. Sadly, I qualify for that. We're sitting on the club level, which is nice for a 3 hour show. Should be good. Historically in Seattle the 2nd night has been better & its a Friday vs a Wednesday so the work thing isn't a factor.

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't my cup of tea either. On the bright side, the singles haven't always been the best songs off the albums, so there is still some hope.

Yeah I heard it on the radio - not so good.

This past weekend the wife and I had a early 90's alt Friday night - part of it was listening to Ten (complete) and bouncing around Vs. and Vitalogy. Never have been a huge fan, but it was fun listening to Ten, again.

The original or the re-release? It's interesting to listen to those back to back. 

More than likely the re-release - it was on my hard drive, I remember getting the re-release from the library. My brother is the Pearl Jam fan and he has all the original releases. He is the one who always bugged me in the early 90's when he wanted to play Pearl Jam/Jane's Addiction and I wanted to play Phish/Dead...

5b47588a.jpg