The Pearl Jam Thread

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with all this cryptic "tweet" stuff and putting tickets on sale the second a show is announced? It was cute a first, but enough already. As someone who has sworn off the Pearl Jam message board (due to the obnoxious fanatics) I hate to think that the sane fans may eventually miss out on tickets due to the fact that we don't post/ hangout there anymore.

What's with all this cryptic "tweet" stuff and putting tickets on sale the second a show is announced? It was cute a first, but enough already. As someone who has sworn off the Pearl Jam message board (due to the obnoxious fanatics) I hate to think that the sane fans may eventually miss out on tickets due to the fact that we don't post/ hangout there anymore.

hahaha you know the pit well

it is annoying

check your emails, if you get the tweet reminder, its likely that a show is going on sale the next business day-more shows should be announced in the next few weeks

but seriously, why cant they just announce the entire tour along with a staggered onsale schedule? Its not like they will have trouble selling tickets- I just dont know.

Jeff Ament Assaulted, Robbed

P'Fork:

According to a police report obtained by Rolling Stone, thieves attacked and robbed Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament outside an Atlanta recording studio recently. The band had been working on a new album with producer Brendan O'Brien at the studio, Southern Tracks.

Rolling Stone reports that on the afternoon of April 27, Ament and a "band employee" were pulling up outside the studio when three masked men emerged from the nearby woods and threatened them with knives. They broke the windows of Ament's Jeep and demanded money, making off with $3,000 in cash and $4,320 worth of goods. They also knocked Ament to the ground and assaulted him, giving him a head laceration that emergency medical technicians had to treat. Even though security cameras caught everything on tape, no arrests have been made yet.

In totally and completely unrelated Pearl Jam news, guitarist Mike McCready will perform the national anthem at the Seattle Mariners game on Tuesday, May 19. It's part of CCFA (Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America) Night at Safeco Field, which will raise awareness and funds to help fight the bowel disease.

P'Fork:

According to a police report obtained by Rolling Stone, thieves attacked and robbed Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament outside an Atlanta recording studio recently. The band had been working on a new album with producer Brendan O'Brien at the studio, Southern Tracks.

Rolling Stone reports that on the afternoon of April 27, Ament and a "band employee" were pulling up outside the studio when three masked men emerged from the nearby woods and threatened them with knives. They broke the windows of Ament's Jeep and demanded money, making off with $3,000 in cash and $4,320 worth of goods. They also knocked Ament to the ground and assaulted him, giving him a head laceration that emergency medical technicians had to treat. Even though security cameras caught everything on tape, no arrests have been made yet.

In totally and completely unrelated Pearl Jam news, guitarist Mike McCready will perform the national anthem at the Seattle Mariners game on Tuesday, May 19. It's part of CCFA (Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America) Night at Safeco Field, which will raise awareness and funds to help fight the bowel disease.

Jay Bennet, Ken Coomer & Leroy Bach...but he was not the Jeff they were looking for.

P'Fork:

I'm sorry to say this happened in my home county. This studio is right off of Interstate 85, making for a quick getaway. I predict there will be a couple of similar incidents in the coming weeks, and then the cops will make some arrests. That's how things go in Atlanta. Fortunately, nobody was seriously injured or killed.

P'Fork:

everytime springsteen is rumored to be recording there i creep a round a bit. one would have to wait a long long time to rob someone there. it's also in fairly nice area of town.

now i wish i had run into vedder at kroger or something.

Anyone here check out that Showbox DVD? I just ran into it today, I didn't even know it existed! Is it as good as their Italian tour DVD, the name escapes me...

way better than the picture in a frame dvd. one of my favorites. it's got a nice set list and it's an actual show, which i prefer. the video quality isn't that good, but the sound is great. personally i think it's on par with live at the garden, although i'm a big riot act fan which has a lot of songs on this set. i would strongly recommend it.

I am interested to hear the new songs and see what Ed's come up with now that Bush is out of office. I watched a rerun of their Storytellers the other night and all he talked about was "the Bush administration" this and "the Bush administration" that. I'm not a Bush fan, but it was starting to get annoying. I'm ready for something fresh.