UK Dates?

So with the announcement of dates in Spain and Portugal, we must be due some UK dates this time around to make up for the last tour cancellation?? Anybody have any insider info on this, as I'm eager to find out!!

Yep, been in contact with Wilco's press office in Europe and the news is.....

'we'll hopefully be announcing some UK summer dates to coincide with the album release soon'

So my guess is if they're in Spain til June 4th it might be in the couple of weeks that follow that. What was it, five/six shows pulled from late 2007? They're certainly due up north after missing out completely last time. Brixton Academy in London possibly after the cancellation there last time, though I would rather they did Shepherds Bush Empire again, or maybe Hammersmith Odeon/Apollo with the sloping floor and seats taken out as they did with Flaming Lips when I saw them there a few years back. Festivals maybe? Glasto? Timing might be right.

Anyway, sounds promising.

Yep, been in contact with Wilco's press office in Europe and the news is.....

'we'll hopefully be announcing some UK summer dates to coincide with the album release soon'

So my guess is if they're in Spain til June 4th it might be in the couple of weeks that follow that. What was it, five/six shows pulled from late 2007? They're certainly due up north after missing out completely last time. Brixton Academy in London possibly after the cancellation there last time, though I would rather they did Shepherds Bush Empire again, or maybe Hammersmith Odeon/Apollo with the sloping floor and seats taken out as they did with Flaming Lips when I saw them there a few years back. Festivals maybe? Glasto? Timing might be right.

Anyway, sounds promising.

excellent that sounds very promising. hopefully a leeds date for the first time, but I'll settle for Manc. If I have to i'll darg myself down to London, but off down there for Blur on July 2nd.

Bring on the announcement!!

At least there's some plans... I can see them playing a festival or two (Glasto, Lattitude) but I can't see them playing Brixton after the cancellation last time.

How about a concert in Cardiff/Bristol? A lovely venue in Cardiff called the Point. Us down West need some love as well!

• 2 weeks later...

A show in Bristol would be perfect, although i'd settle for London. I had a ticket for the Brixton gig (still got it!) and I was devastated when they cancelled. Going to Glastonbury too, and if we get The Boss and Wilco, it'll be unbelievable!

A show in Bristol would be perfect, although i'd settle for London. I had a ticket for the Brixton gig (still got it!) and I was devastated when they cancelled. Going to Glastonbury too, and if we get The Boss and Wilco, it'll be unbelievable!

bump - any update?

• 4 weeks later...