*Ahem* Cause for Joy & Celebration

Please join me in a hearty round of applause for my 22-yr-old son Thomas, who got word today that he has been accepted into Graduate School at UC Riverside, in neuroscience. It's been a long, hard haul, but he's made his family very proud :worship :worship :worship and has clearly impressed the admissions people, who accepted him with open arms and the Dean's High Honor Fellowship, which I have probably misremembered the name of (but that's close). :thumbup :D

Tom's overjoyed....neuroscience is his passion. He wants to go into research, and I have every confidence that he will be brilliant at it. :dance

So a celebration is in order....virtual champagne is on VC! :cheers Those of you wishing to wear lampshades and fake-grass-hula-skirts will find them free of charge in the lobby.:banana :banana :banana Table dancing is heartily encouraged, and there are many virtual good things to eat and drink in the big party room at the back! Anyone showing proof of a graduate degree is invited to leap into the vat of pudding to be found directly adjacent to the jello shots booth! (Please, bring your own towels.)

Come! Celebrate!!!!! YAY TOM!!!!! :bounce8 :hug :party

Lampshade and hula skirt on but I am going to bed ;)

CONGRATULATIONS to your boy and to you for raising such a great young man!!! :hug :cheers

:party :wine :beer :dance

Woohoo!! Donna!! Tom!! Jesus Christ, that is freaking awesome!! I do remember from our wedding (has that been really 2,5 years ago? Blimey :P) how much he was into that stuff, and I am so pleased for him that it now has happened!

Congratulations Tom, you've made your Mum really proud, and you will do brilliantly!! :dancing

Dean's High Honor Fellowship, which I have probably misremembered the name of (but that's close).

Yeah close, it's Honour :thumbup

Tom's overjoyed....neuroscience is his passion. He wants to go into research, and I have every confidence that he will be brilliant at it. :dance

Prior to the results he must have been a bag of nerves (get it?) :pirate

:thumbup best wishes

Congrats, Tom! :cheers

Donna, I know you is a proud mama. And you should be - pretty awesome kid you have there. :thumbup

Awesome. Congratulations to you both!

Aw, thank you all so much for your good wishes and congratulations! I'll be sure Tom takes a look at this thread once he comes down from Cloud 9. :yes :thumbup

No need to stop the party! The victuals & drinks & pudding pool have been refreshed for your enjoyment! (Tapioca this time!) And please....no need to return lampshades or grass skirts which have become pudding-sodden. Keep them as souvenirs of this grand date in American history. B) You're welcome.

PS to uncool2pillow: I too am constantly surprised that I have adult children, since I only brought them home from the hospital like, a week ago Tuesday! :blink (I swear!)

Wow, awesome! Congrats!

Please join me in a hearty round of applause for my 22-yr-old son Thomas, who got word today that he has been accepted into Graduate School at UC Riverside, in neuroscience. It's been a long, hard haul, but he's made his family very proud :worship :worship :worship and has clearly impressed the admissions people, who accepted him with open arms and the Dean's High Honor Fellowship, which I have probably misremembered the name of (but that's close). :thumbup :D

So a celebration is in order....virtual champagne is on VC! :cheers Those of you wishing to wear lampshades and fake-grass-hula-skirts will find them free of charge in the lobby.:banana :banana :banana Table dancing is heartily encouraged, and there are many virtual good things to eat and drink in the big party room at the back! Anyone showing proof of a graduate degree is invited to leap into the vat of pudding to be found directly adjacent to the jello shots booth! (Please, bring your own towels.)

Come! Celebrate!!!!! YAY TOM!!!!! :bounce8 :hug :party