more tweedy solo shows NE

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High school is a little far from the train station - about a mile, which I guess is not an awful walk.

Article from Jambands.com:

Jeff Tweedy Confirms Northeast Solo Dates, Hudson River Sloop Clearwater Benefit

As previously reported, Jeff Tweedy will hit the road later this month for acoustic appearances in Kalamazoo (1/29), Ann Arbor, MI (1/30) and Champaign, IL (1/31). The Wilco frontman will now also make his way to the Northeast for solo gigs at Burlington, VT

Hey All,

The question I pose - is it better to wait for the public onsale for the Calvin? I love buying tix through them since you can choose your seats.

I remember getting on at 12am midnight when they were supposed to go onsale at 10am or 12noon back in 2005 and got 2 seats 1st row dead center.

Somehow this is a common occurrence from what I hear. Anyways, I am very excited that there's a Tweedy solo show to look forward to. I was thinking about that when I went to Wilco/Neil Young last month. I sensed there'd be solo shows to hold us over until the record comes out.

Thanks,

Kristofor

I was wondering this, too. Public onsale starts Friday, but NBO is supposed to have a presale, too, which should be the same day as MusicToday's. I'm shocked that tickets are only $25!

Hey Three Dollars,

Sorry about that. Hmm. I'm pretty sure someone on here was the guy who yelled out Gun during that Tweedy solo show in 2005. Oh well.

Maybe i'll see you in March. Not that I have any idea who you are. :dontgetit But enjoy the show!

Kristofor

Article from Jambands.com:

That explains the Beacon angle. Clearwater is an excellent cause and maybe Seeger will get on stage!

I was at the 2005-11-13 Northampton show.

As was I. My friends and I actually had seats in almost the last row on the floor. My best friend was outside just trying to give our 4th extra ticket away and made this amazing trade w/ a very nice guy who had a spare 6th row center seat! She gave it TO ME!!! That was my first real concert memory of this amazing man/group. Glenn was superb!

Can't wait to do it all again!!!

:dancing

so when is the presale for the Beacon show?

Dunno, but I will use my journalism credentials to find that out.

That explains the Beacon angle. Clearwater is an excellent cause and maybe Seeger will get on stage!

They could jam on Against The Wind.

As was I. My friends and I actually had seats in almost the last row on the floor. My best friend was outside just trying to give our 4th extra ticket away and made this amazing trade w/ a very nice guy who had a spare 6th row center seat! She gave it TO ME!!! That was my first real concert memory of this amazing man/group. Glenn was superb!

Can't wait to do it all again!!!

:dancing

There were several people here at that show - as I recall.

I was thinking the same thing. One time I went to a Seeger benefit for Clearwater in the basement of a little church. Apparently there was no backstage or bathrooms backstage because I used the urinal next to Seeger during set break. I didn't challenge him to a swordfight.

For those of you thinking about making the trip to beautiful Burlington, VT -- I strongly encourage you to do so! Our little "city" is one of the great spots on the map. If you saw Wilco the last time they played Higher Ground (1999) you are in for a real treat. The old Higher Ground was a total shit hole and is now long gone. The new venue is four years old and is set in renovated old movie theatre that ownners gutted and transformed into a terrific 900 person club. The venue is comfortable, the sound is outstanding, and the sight lines are great. The club has two bars so lines move quick. Our local brewers offer some of the best beer and ale in the country -- try a Switchback Ale.

Higher Ground may make this seated show -- this has happened for acoustic shows in the past. However the seats will be first come, first serve. Anyway, this is a very small venue to see Jeff. This show will feel very close and personal.

So - come to Burlington, then make the 3 hour drive to Northampton for the show at The Calvin the next day. That's what I am gonna do...

I hate Higher Ground. Some friends took me there to see Medeski Martin & Wood for my birthday. I showed up early to see the opening act. I get there get my first beer, first beer of the day. A girl bumps into me and spills my beer. When I went to tell somebody about it so that no one slipped, they through me out for being drunk. Thanks! I didn't get to see one note of music.

A friend of mine went to see Kimock there and a similar thing happened to him. They have mostly jam bands play there but they need skinheads doing security for some reason who immediately assault you without asking questions. I still refuse to go there.

I can confirm this. :)

Need another Nels show down here soon Three Dollars.. :)

Nels needs to do a show up here. It's your turn to drive 12 hours :P

I caught myself wondering if there's any chance Nels would open these shows, since his solo album is out soon. It's wishful thinking on my part for sure, but it would be cool.

Beacon info:

Tickets cost $45-75 and go on through a pre-sale at 10 a.m. Feb. 4 through www.wilcoworld.net. The tickets go on sale officially at 10 a.m. Feb. 7. Tickets costing $150 will also be available. These include a pre-concert reception, premium seating in the first five rows and a one-year Clearwater membership.

Beacon info:

Tickets cost $45-75 and go on through a pre-sale at 10 a.m. Feb. 4 through www.wilcoworld.net. The tickets go on sale officially at 10 a.m. Feb. 7. Tickets costing $150 will also be available. These include a pre-concert reception, premium seating in the first five rows and a one-year Clearwater membership.

Good work! :thumbup