more tweedy solo shows NE

I was hoping for Nels as an opener, but he has shows scheduled on the west coast that weekend. Maybe Mikael's band, since their album comes out only a few weeks before and they're based in New York? That would be cool, too.

I was right. The Calvin's website lists Pronto as the opener now :dancing

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Mike is in the house doesn't necessarily mean that any collaboration will happen. People shouldn't go in expecting it, although if they did "Another Man's Done Gone" or something, I certainly wouldn't complain. :pirate

Pronto opening just makes sense considering their record just got an official release and these Northeast shows are all pretty easy to get to from NYC.

nels did the same a few times didnt he?. (when he opened for jeff)

Thanks to Wilcobase, we are reminded that Nels joined Jeff on lap steel and dobro for what must have been a pretty great encore at the solo show at the University of Chicago on 2/25/06: In A Future Age (with Nels on dobro)/Dash 7 (with Nels on dobro)/When The Roses Bloom Again (with Nels on lap steel)/Airline To Heaven (with Nels on lap steel)/Walk On (with Nels on dobro). That is one show I am very sad to have missed! :ohwell

Glenn opened most of the shows on that tour, as I recall, but Nels did join Jeff for a few songs on the couple of other occasions when he was opening (SF and LA).

IT IS!!!!! I want it I want it I want it. How do I get it? I'm in the dark ages when it comes to technology, is it on that owl and frog (??) site I can never access.

It's owl and bear, and I recently mentioned having a problem accessing it. A couple of folks here kindly suggested updating by browser (Explorer), which I did and now I have no problems with the site at all. So thanks to helpful souls for their tutelage, and to anyone else having troubles with o&b, give updating a try!