Wilco Vinyl

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, Wilco store suggests the vinyl version is one on LP; but the email I just got from Amazon is offering me the chance to pre-order Wilco (the Album) as a 2LP set.

i too received the amazon email saying it's a 2 lp set,guess i'll just wait and see what i get in the mail!

• 2 weeks later...

I pre-ordered and got my W(ta) vinyl a day before release. My very first vinyl. It sounds incredible. So much better than the leak. And the artwork and packaging is put together beautifully.

I could not wait and sprung for a German copy (brand new) of Being There on vinyl via Ebay. It sounds sooooo good on my turntable...

so any word on when these vinyl reissues from pallas germany will be released? i have been out of the country for a few weeks and have been out of the loop. thanks!

so any word on when these vinyl reissues from pallas germany will be released? i have been out of the country for a few weeks and have been out of the loop. thanks!

The one I got was an original pressing from Germany. But the word is that the re-issues of AM, Summerteeth and Being There are due in September.

We have some of those albums preordered through Amazon, and the latest release date we received from them was in August.

I just got back from vacation yesterday and received both the 7" YNK and W(ta) LP today when I picked up our mail. I'm waiting until the wee-tots are in bed before I sit back with a glass of wine and listen to W(ta), but the 7" sounded great. I also need to download my iTunes purchase of the album--that includes Dark Neon, right? At least I think that's why I bought the album from iTunes as well as on vinyl.

yeah i ran across the insound preorders but something tells me the release date is wishful thinking... did anyone here preorder wilco(the album) and get the insound poster? if so, is it worth getting? thanks!

No, Poster is SUPER lame. It's on cheap-ass paper, and looks like someone took twenty minutes in MS Paint designing it. It's got a black square (which is supposed to be a record sleeve) with a series of records sliding out of it. WILCO is spelled out very faintly on the face of each record, but you can't really tell unless you angle the poster. Then, there's the tracklisting underneath. They have a picture, I believe on the preorder page, but you'd never think it's the actual poster.

I preordered Being There & Summerteeth. Not holding my breath, but I'll post if they actually ship.

its probably my cheap ass speakers, but the drums sound horrible at the start of You Never Know on my vinyl. Really muffled. I need some better speakers.

It's the speakers for sure.. that drum part is even hard on my car speakers. If you have a Crosley player, then you know that the cheaper ones tend to fuzz out even at moderate volumes

• 4 weeks later...

Fwiw, I pre-ordered one of the reissues from Insound and got this message from them today:

Hey there,

The release date for both Wilco Reissues has been postponed unfortunately. As it stands there is no confirmed date for these releases. When I hear any further information I will update you immediately.

I'm sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. You have not been charged for your preorder, you will only be charged when it is shipped.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Fwiw, I pre-ordered one of the reissues from Insound and got this message from them today:

Hey there,

The release date for both Wilco Reissues has been postponed unfortunately. As it stands there is no confirmed date for these releases. When I hear any further information I will update you immediately.

I'm sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. You have not been charged for your preorder, you will only be charged when it is shipped.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Figured this would happen... I wonder if any re-issues have even been created. Have no fear though, there is definitely a demand for these, and you will get them. It is something to look forward to in the post-record release period!

That's especially odd because just yesterday Nonesuch put this out:

http://nonesuch.com/journal/wilco-tops-adult-rock-chart-nonesuch-to-reissue-first-three-albums-on-vinyl-2009-08-06

"With the spotlight shining on Wilco's catalog, Nonesuch is very happy to announce the first-ever vinyl reissue of the band's first three albums: A.M., Being There, and Summerteeth. Starting with the release of the most recent of the three, 1999's Summerteeth, on August 25, the records will be released one per month, next heading back to the beginning, with 1995's A.M., out on September 29, and finishing with the double album Being There in late October.

Each of the records is being pressed on 180-gram, high-performance 12" vinyl and includes the album on CD. Nonesuch Store purchases include free, instant MP3 downloads of the album from the release date as well.

To pre-order your copies of the forthcoming vinyl reissues in the Nonesuch Store, visit nonesuch.com/store/wilco."

http://nonesuch.com/journal/wilco-tops-adult-rock-chart-nonesuch-to-reissue-first-three-albums-on-vinyl-2009-08-06

"With the spotlight shining on Wilco's catalog, Nonesuch is very happy to announce the first-ever vinyl reissue of the band's first three albums: A.M., Being There, and Summerteeth. Starting with the release of the most recent of the three, 1999's Summerteeth, on August 25, the records will be released one per month, next heading back to the beginning, with 1995's A.M., out on September 29, and finishing with the double album Being There in late October.

Each of the records is being pressed on 180-gram, high-performance 12" vinyl and includes the album on CD. Nonesuch Store purchases include free, instant MP3 downloads of the album from the release date as well.

To pre-order your copies of the forthcoming vinyl reissues in the Nonesuch Store, visit nonesuch.com/store/wilco."

awesome! I ordered Being There not too long ago from Waterloo in Austin, and they told me they couldn't get it for me... :(

talk about mixed messages! i would think that nonesuch would be more in the know than insound but that may be wishful thinking. there is still hope though!

Interesting...veddy interesting.

Anyway, I think the one I ordered from Insound was actually Summerteeth so I guess I'll probably know something soon. At the very least, this Nonesuch notice seems to indicate no bonus tracks. It seems like they would have mentioned it if there were any. :pirate

I was looking forward to getting Wilco (the album) on vinyl after being disappointed with the mastering job on the CD.

It turned up today and I agree it really is like night and day - the whole album takes on a new perspective, more so than any other vinyl album of theirs when compared to the CD.

Whilst some of the songs are far from my favourite Wilco tracks, the depth to the sound is compelling and contrary to some other opinion I find the production to be most agreeable. I'm also glad they stuck to a single LP rather than 2 slabs of vinyl. I prefer listening to single length albums in two parts.

The quality of packaging is excellent with a 60s style very thick board and pasted on inner. This is what all record companies should be doing with their new releases.

I wonder if a vinyl reissue can actually make Summerteeth finally SOUND decent!?!