Wilco Vinyl

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email from Insound yesterday...

Hey there,

I’m pleased to say Wilco ‘Summer Teeth’ is going to be released on August 25th. Sorry for the delay, you should have this title soon.

Let me know if you need anything else,

Kimberly

So it costs $55USD for the bundle and $55.72USD for the cheapest shipping option to Australia... How can shipping be more expensive then the actual records???

So if I order through Insound I get the records for $67.97, and shipping for $15. total $82.97.

not really much incentive to purchase through the Wilco store...

It's not official but amazon has Uncle Tupelo's Anodyne on vinyl listed for October 2009. It says Rhino will be doing the pressing. Has anyone seen this yet?

Link here

I was actually surprised that the entire back UT catalog wasn't done on vinyl with the cd remasters and anthology collection a few years back. The "Anodyne," release is a great start, but I'd love to have "No Depression" as well.

So if I order through Insound I get the records for $67.97, and shipping for $15. total $82.97.

not really much incentive to purchase through the Wilco store...

If you don't live in the US there is never an incentive to purchase through the Wilco store. Same with Spoon. I think they're both run by the same crowd charging exorbitant shipping prices.

Every time I've tried to order anything the shipping charges are nearly always more than the actual items, even for t-shirts.

being there vinyl has never been that hard to find it always seemed to me.i decided a week ago to say fuck it and get the summerteeth vinyl,only 130 dollars.itll only get more expensive,never cheaper i reckon.

being there vinyl has never been that hard to find it always seemed to me.i decided a week ago to say fuck it and get the summerteeth vinyl,only 130 dollars.itll only get more expensive,never cheaper i reckon.

What makes an original album like summer teeth different than the reissue?

SG

My copy of the Summerteeth reissue arrived today from Insound, so it's on the way! Woo hoo! :dancing

There's two extra songs tacked onto the end of Side D. Well, one extra if you just count Candyfloss being officially listed by name. The other "extra" is a remix of A Shot in the Arm. There doesn't seem to be any info about whether this is an old remix or a new one or who did the remixing. But anyway...

It's a gatefold cover, typical of the Nonesuch pressings of Wilco stuff. And a CD version of the record is also included, as per usual with Nonesuch. The CD copy doesn't seem to have the Shot in the Arm remix on it, though it does list Candyfloss as being the last track on the record.

Candyfloss and the remix are on the copy I bought when I came out in 1999. Although they aren't listed. Both tracks are on itunes.

Ah, thanks for clarification. I was just going by my old CD copy of the tracklisting. I didn't think these reissues were going to have any "new" content, so it makes sense that they're just officially spelling out what was already there.

This will be the first time for Anodyne on vinyl, no?

Yes, it has never been released. I can't wait!

My copy of the Summerteeth reissue arrived today from Insound, so it's on the way! Woo hoo! :dancing

There's two extra songs tacked onto the end of Side D. Well, one extra if you just count Candyfloss being officially listed by name. The other "extra" is a remix of A Shot in the Arm. There doesn't seem to be any info about whether this is an old remix or a new one or who did the remixing. But anyway...

It's a gatefold cover, typical of the Nonesuch pressings of Wilco stuff. And a CD version of the record is also included, as per usual with Nonesuch. The CD copy doesn't seem to have the Shot in the Arm remix on it, though it does list Candyfloss as being the last track on the record.

Can you post pics? I would like to see what it looks like.

holy cow, the new one looks and sounds sooooo much better than the original. They did a beautiful job. I really feel for anyone who paid ebay prices on the old one.

Also, it's weird to see the nonsuch insignia on Summerteeth, the LP and the CD both have it.

...and Anodyne looks bumped to 11/03/09.

holy cow, the new one looks and sounds sooooo much better than the original. They did a beautiful job. I really feel for anyone who paid ebay prices on the old one.

Also, it's weird to see the nonsuch insignia on Summerteeth, the LP and the CD both have it.

...and Anodyne looks bumped to 11/03/09.

Can you post pics? I ordered mine from amazon.ca and it seems like it is slower than other sellers.

Hey...save me a copy at Lauries. I didn't realize it was out.

LouieB

I was off for four days, and after you were in I noticed it written down as having sold, so I didn't know either!

We had 6 or 7 when I left today, I'll put one back for you when I get in tomorrow.

As far as photos go, I don't think that would really do it justice. The gatefold is the four portraits of the band on the left and that blurry fuzzy thing with dots on the right. Lyric sheets separate for each LP which is weird but classy. Another weird thing is the only year on the outer sleeve is 2009.

Photo 53.jpg

I was off for four days, and after you were in I noticed it written down as having sold, so I didn't know either!

We had 6 or 7 when I left today, I'll put one back for you when I get in tomorrow.

As far as photos go, I don't think that would really do it justice. The gatefold is the four portraits of the band on the left and that blurry fuzzy thing with dots on the right. Lyric sheets separate for each LP which is weird but classy. Another weird thing is the only year on the outer sleeve is 2009.

Photo 53.jpg

Thanks. If it is not possible to hold it I will get the next batch, assuming there is another. I can't get in until sometime next week so don't hold it if there are fans dying to get it and more are on the way.

LouieB