Wilco Vinyl

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often wonder how close I am to what the members of this site look like as opposed to how I picture them looking judging only off their posts and avatars.

Well, I've seen Lauren's pussy and her avatar is pretty close.

My colleague has a friend who restored a mid-70s car that came with an 8-track player, and has now been collecting them like a fiend to pump out the jams.

If he considers Bakersfield county "the jam" tell him I have some prime 8-tracks to sell him.

I'm going to take back what I said before about vinyl prices. I've been weeding out some LPs this week and I'm seriously considering cashing in. I love high prices. I just need to find a good local source for LP shipping boxes.

Anyone want to buy Art Ensemble of Chicago "Urban Bushmen" double LP for $50? :rock

I'm going to take back what I said before about vinyl prices. I've been weeding out some LPs this week and I'm seriously considering cashing in. I love high prices. I just need to find a good local source for LP shipping boxes.

Anyone want to buy Art Ensemble of Chicago "Urban Bushmen" double LP for $50? :rock

I have a basement full of LP shipping boxes that were sent to me full of overpriced vinyl. I would love to offset some of that cost. How does $0.12 per cubic inch sound?

I did.

On the Wilco vinyl watch.....I was in Lauries Planet of Sound the last couple days and there are copies of both AGIB and Summerteeth in the used vinyl bin, so if anyone doesn't have those, go get them. So Laurie's is certainly as much Wilco central as it comes (the closest record store to where Jeff Tweedy actually lives and somewhere he used to shop before he got too famous) and they carry his records new as well. But what would make a person return those albums? And why are there sitll copes of Kicking Television still out there?? I thought this was a limited edition thing.

LouieB

So Laurie's is certainly as much Wilco central as it comes (the closest record store to where Jeff Tweedy actually lives and somewhere he used to shop before he got too famous)

that's gotta suck when you can't even browse the bins anymore.

btw, i think the KT box was 'limited' to 5000 copies...which is a lot. most of the limited stuff i buy is 1000 or less (granted the band's popularity is typically less as well).

that's gotta suck when you can't even browse the bins anymore.

btw, i think the KT box was 'limited' to 5000 copies...which is a lot. most of the limited stuff i buy is 1000 or less (granted the band's popularity is typically less as well).

I would guess Jeff could browse the bins if he chose to. I wouldn't bug him.

Well okay, small bands make 1000 copies of LPs and have them to sell forever at their shows, but Wilco is no small local band that is on the circuit: it is a huge internationally famous band. So 5000 copies should be gone if there really were that much interest in vinyl records. Or could it be that since there is so much free concert material out there most folks aren't going to bother buying an expensive (and reissued, although in expanded form) regular release of some material from shows from a few years back? So maybe the digital download, let's allow folks to record the band at every concert is ultimately catching up with the hard copy market.

LouieB

I would guess Jeff could browse the bins if he chose to. I wouldn't bug him.

I would think so, and the more he did it, the easier it'd be.

The REM guys are out and about in Athens a lot, and they rarely get bothered.

So 5000 copies should be gone if there really were that much interest in vinyl records.

I think the two problems with this release are the high price and the fact that it's previously released material. They also might be getting hurt by the fact that this lineup has been stable for a long time and most Wilco fans have seen this lineup and these songs multiple times, so some might feel the album doesn't offer enough to justify the purchase, especially at twice the price of a ticket to see the band live.

If this was a new release, I suspect the vinyl would be sold out, or closer to it, by now.

The vinyl resurgence is probably blown out of proportion. There aren't all that many people buying vinyl, but those who do tend to buy a lot of it.

It's the price that's slowing down sales of KT. While I'm dying to hear that version of Ashes of American Flags on vinyl, there's no way I'm paying $80 for that set.

I'll put it on tape for you if you have a cassette player. (but what is the chance of that????)

LouieB

I'll put it on tape for you if you have a cassette player. (but what is the chance of that????)

LouieB

What would that accomplish since she wants to hear it on vinyl?

Guest Speed Racer

Its still analog and a copy so she can "hear" it. LouieB

That's not the issue.

While I'm dying to hear that version of Ashes of American Flags on vinyl, there's no way I'm paying $80 for that set.

It's just the simple, okay? Alright. Okay? Alright!

Okay in that case I take back my offer, even though I was offering it to a different person. I know the ONLY way to listen to music is on vinyl records..no CDs, no radio AM, FM, etc), no DVDs, no TV, no iPod, no computer hard drives, no boom boxes, no car CD players, no cassettes, no 8 tracks, nothing else matters....only LPs.

LouieB