Wilco Vinyl

Had one. I really liked it, though I could hear its limitations by the end of the time I had it. A solid table though. I would definitely upgrade the cartridge on it - I like the Ortofon 2M Red or Blue myself. Its a good "starter" if you are moving up from a not so great Technics.

My current is the Technics SL-BD20D. I bought it long time ago and feel its probably in the low end of things. I think I should see a great improvement with the Project 3. Thanks for the info.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To shine some light on this subject: I just got my two ray lamontagne vinyls of his first two albums. And these were on preorder in October. They sound awesome.

Be patient. Everything will be on vinyl soon.

I'm confused, several sites are still taking pre-order, but all seem to claim a different release date. Some June, some August. I pre-ordered all three from Amazon, but then got an email saying they would not ship until September! Anyone have a definitive date for these?

anyone notice that amazon.com has pre-orders up for A.M. and Summerteeth on LP w/bonus disc? um, awesome. those go for hundreds on eBay...when i see them.

Yeah thats the best part, you dont have to spend hundreds to get these on vinyl now. The originals will probably be collectibles for people who want to have them, I think AM was red with clear cover which makes it different also but I dont think the prices will stay as high for them once re-issues are out there. Although I doubt the original release was on 180-gram.

Yeah thats the best part, you dont have to spend hundreds to get these on vinyl now. The originals will probably be collectibles for people who want to have them, I think AM was red with clear cover which makes it different also but I dont think the prices will stay as high for them once re-issues are out there. Although I doubt the original release was on 180-gram.

I have AM and it is most certainly not 180 gram.

W(TA) is coming out on vinyl with a cd included. Does the cd have normal packaging: liner notes, etc., or is it just in a decorated sleeve? Mostly I listen to music in the car, so vinyl doesn't do me much good; but if I can get a two-for!

I believe the release was delayed because there was too much wilco coming out at once.

The cd, if it is like sbs or how other bands have been doing it will be in a slip jacket either with a front and back cover, or just paper. The vinyl will come with all of the art in the gatefold and on the liner page with the lp. I think this would be way better than the cd's liner notes, because you can actually read them and enjoy them better.

If you are indifferent, buy the vinyl just to boost vinyl sales so they make even more records available on lp.

Also, does anyone else hope that they reissue the uncle tupelo records soon? I know I do.

The cd, if it is like sbs or how other bands have been doing it will be in a slip jacket either with a front and back cover, or just paper. The vinyl will come with all of the art in the gatefold and on the liner page with the lp. I think this would be way better than the cd's liner notes, because you can actually read them and enjoy them better.

If you are indifferent, buy the vinyl just to boost vinyl sales so they make even more records available on lp.

Thank you. I'm leaning toward the combo vinyl/cd, unless there's some kind of deluxe cd package I find more appealing.

W(TA) is coming out on vinyl with a cd included. Does the cd have normal packaging: liner notes, etc., or is it just in a decorated sleeve? Mostly I listen to music in the car, so vinyl doesn't do me much good; but if I can get a two-for!

I emailed nonesuch asking this exact question, and this is the answer I got:

Dear Customer:

The CD comes in a designed sleeve and slips inside the LP's jacket. There is no CD booklet, but there is a designed sleeve for the vinyl with all of the lyrics and photos from the CD booklet.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Nonesuch Online Customer Support

So I guess the CD is just in a cardboard sleeve with the album art. The only thing that was holding me back from the CD/LP combo was that I want the CD in its own case for my CD shelf, but a cardboard sleeve will work fine.

I emailed nonesuch asking this exact question, and this is the answer I got:

Dear Customer:

The CD comes in a designed sleeve and slips inside the LP's jacket. There is no CD booklet, but there is a designed sleeve for the vinyl with all of the lyrics and photos from the CD booklet.

Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Nonesuch Online Customer Support

So I guess the CD is just in a cardboard sleeve with the album art. The only thing that was holding me back from the CD/LP combo was that I want the CD in its own case for my CD shelf, but a cardboard sleeve will work fine.

Thank you. I have a very small vinyl collection, but no player. I do have a a decent-sized cd collection, but the CD/LP combo is a good deal. I'd use the LP as a decoration until I got a player if it weren't for that damned camel.

Thank you. I have a very small vinyl collection, but no player. I do have a a decent-sized cd collection, but the CD/LP combo is a good deal. I'd use the LP a decoration until I got a player if it weren't for that damned camel.

I'm just slightly obsessive about being able to have every Wilco, or any band, CD in a nice little group on the shelf, so I was hoping the CD wasn't just thrown in the vinyl sleeve without a case of its own.

My vinyl collection consists of a bunch of cheap used albums, and a copy of SFA's "Hey Venus!" I bought at a concert last year. It'll be nice to add a second new LP to that collection.

$19 for both is a pretty good deal, so I'm gonna go ahead and order that.

wilco-you-never-know-7-inch.jpg

About this Album:

This limited-edition 7" vinyl single features the Wilco (the album) track "You Never Know," with the previously unreleased tune "Unlikely Japan" on the B-side. The release of the single on June 20, 2009, marks the inaugural Vinyl Saturday, a monthly celebration of all things vinyl from the people behind Record Store Day.

Credits:

MUSICIANS

Wilco are Jeff Tweedy, John Stirratt, Glenn Kotche, Mikael Jorgensen, Nels Cline, and Pat Sansone

PRODUCTION CREDITS

You Never Know

Written by Jeff Tweedy

Produced by Wilco and Jim Scott

Recorded by Jim Scott

Recorded at Roundhead Studios, Auckland, New Zealand and The Loft, Chicago

Mixed by Jim Scott with Kevin Dean at PLYRZ Studios, Santa Clarita, CA

Unlikely Japan

Written by Jeff Tweedy / Wilco

Produced by Wilco

Recorded and Mixed by Mikael Jorgensen at Soma Electronic Music Studios, Chicago in 2003

Cover Photograph: Pat Sansone

Back Photograph: Autumn de Wilde

wilco-you-never-know-7-inch.jpg

About this Album:

This limited-edition 7" vinyl single features the Wilco (the album) track "You Never Know," with the previously unreleased tune "Unlikely Japan" on the B-side. The release of the single on June 20, 2009, marks the inaugural Vinyl Saturday, a monthly celebration of all things vinyl from the people behind Record Store Day.

Credits:

MUSICIANS

Wilco are Jeff Tweedy, John Stirratt, Glenn Kotche, Mikael Jorgensen, Nels Cline, and Pat Sansone

PRODUCTION CREDITS

You Never Know

Written by Jeff Tweedy

Produced by Wilco and Jim Scott

Recorded by Jim Scott

Recorded at Roundhead Studios, Auckland, New Zealand and The Loft, Chicago

Mixed by Jim Scott with Kevin Dean at PLYRZ Studios, Santa Clarita, CA

Unlikely Japan

Written by Jeff Tweedy / Wilco

Produced by Wilco

Recorded and Mixed by Mikael Jorgensen at Soma Electronic Music Studios, Chicago in 2003

Cover Photograph: Pat Sansone

Back Photograph: Autumn de Wilde

Woah, this Unlikely Japan song looks intriguing, possibly an AGIB outtake if it's from 2003. I hope Leroy's on it.

--Mike

I just bought a turntable a few days ago and i finally opened my sky blue sky lp, i have fallen in love with vinyl lol, now i have a reason to buy the summerteeth lp, that's if it every comes out lol i'm okay with buying the vinyl of the new album since you do get the cd with it but also it does come with it's own cardboard sleeve with artwork on the front and song title's on the back, it's really thin like jenny lewis's latest cd acid tongue, i suppose you can just buy a jewel case if you want to protect your cd better.i'm just telling this stuff in case anyone wasn't sure to get the vinyl or cd,to me it's great to get the vinyl so you can have best of both worlds.

I just bought a turntable a few days ago and i finally opened my sky blue sky lp, i have fallen in love with vinyl lol, now i have a reason to buy the summerteeth lp, that's if it every comes out lol i'm okay with buying the vinyl of the new album since you do get the cd with it but also it does come with it's own cardboard sleeve with artwork on the front and song title's on the back, it's really thin like jenny lewis's latest cd acid tongue, i suppose you can just buy a jewel case if you want to protect your cd better.i'm just telling this stuff in case anyone wasn't sure to get the vinyl or cd,to me it's great to get the vinyl so you can have best of both worlds.

Hmm, so it is in its own designed sleeve. Thanks.

My issue isn't protecting the disk, but I wanted it to be in some sort of case to sit on my CD shelf with all the other Wilco CDs. I'm slightly OCD (no pun intended), so if it was just the disc, there would have been a problem.

Woah, this Unlikely Japan song looks intriguing, possibly an AGIB outtake if it's from 2003. I hope Leroy's on it.

--Mike

From Pitchfork:

As for Wilco, Each Note Secure reports that they'll offer a 7" of the Wilco (The Album) track "You Never Know", with the unreleased song "Unlikely Japan" on the B-side. "Unlikely Japan" is an early version of the Sky Blue Sky track "Impossible Germany".

i'm so happy they're including a CD!

of course, Best Buy and such may have the CD version on sale for $9.99 probably, but $20 list for a vinyl plus CD is good.

i think most should do this anyway instead of just the MP3 download.

manufacturing costs for CD's is next to nothing i would think, especially when just placing them with another product like vinyl.......but i don't really know.