Jeff Tweedy - Friday, Feb. 13 @ The Vic

sounds cool. whenever 'Remember the Mountain Bed' gets played, time stands still.

Yes it does. :thumbup

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how early did y'all start lining up yesterday? I'd like to request Screen Door for tonight.

I showed up about an hour and ten minutes before doors and could have been in line early enough to request something (anyone before the alleyway, basically). But, the line was so short and it was sort of cold so we went hunting for some hot chocolate instead. By the time I got back (about one hour before doors, the line had started up again just passed the alley and requests didn't make it quite that far).

Something they sing at Near North Montissori School, which is part of the benefit.

LouieB

"Look around and you will see

Community, a family

We are brothers sisters all"

Great little ditty!!

Show was GREAT!! Really itching to go again tonight (which is always the case when I attend the first night of a multiple night run).

*Admin note: Videos have been removed because the band does not allow videotaping.

Thanks for putting these up... great fun... Did you find a home for your tix? There were people looking last night so hopefully you can find a home for them

Thanks for putting these up... great fun... Did you find a home for your tix? There were people looking last night so hopefully you can find a home for them

I'm actually looking for a ticket but I think I found one. Still waiting on a call. I heading over there no matter what so I should be able to find one. I live just a few blocks down from the Vic. I didn't want to spend that much for both shows but after last night I have to go tonight.

All of them are up above now. Enjoy.

I also went tonight and got a bunch. Will post in the other thread tomorrow. Time to go out get drunk and find a Valentine....

Not very romantic is it :)

Also, I don't have the whole show. Just tried to get as much as I could and still enjoy just being there. Trying to hold a tiny camera very still when you want to groove is very hard at times. But reliving the show days and years after is worth it.

These two show were my first Tweedy shows and they were amazing. Loved every second.

Chiyowwww Chiyowwwww

After last night's show and Jeff's comments, there is some debate as to whether the phrasing is "Chiyowwww Chiyowwwww" or "Tiyowwww Tiyowwwww"... according to Jeff, it is "Chiyowwww Chiyowwwww", but Sue corrected hm and said there is no "Ch" at the front and it is pronounced "Tiyowwww Tiyowwwww". Sounds a lot like the age-old "Chunnukah" / "Hannukah" controversy...

I am going with "Chiyowwww Chiyowwwww"

Hi All

New to this forum. I was at the 2/13 show and loved it. How can I get a copy of the music (not the videos?). I know I saw tapers there.... (sorry if this comes off too naive...)

It was such an amazing show. I really didn't want it to end.

Hi All

New to this forum. I was at the 2/13 show and loved it. How can I get a copy of the music (not the videos?). I know I saw tapers there.... (sorry if this comes off too naive...)

It was such an amazing show. I really didn't want it to end.

usually the shows are posted on dimeadozen or etree. Do you know how to download using a torrent?

usually the shows are posted on dimeadozen or etree. Do you know how to download using a torrent?

I'm not sure how to download these shows. I'd love a simple tutorial! Many thanks to everyone who has posted these awesome youtube videos and the recordings to come. I am so grateful to be able to revisit incredible shows like this one.

no. i'm a total newbie. any step by step help you can provide would be much appreciated.

many thanks in advance!

Try here: http://wiki.etree.org/

I use Vuze (formerly Azerus) to download and FLAC frontend to convert FLAC to wav files and mkw Audio Complressio tool to convern shn to wav files. There are lots of folks on here probably more up to date than me, but these are easy to use and reliable...

Etree Wiki

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to wiki.etree.org. etree.org is the award-winning leader in lossless digital audio distribution on the Internet! We are a community committed to providing the highest quality live concert recordings in a losslessly-compressed, downloadable format. All of the music on etree.org is free, and 100% legal to download, trade, and burn. We also assist new traders in learning to trade online through our extensive guides, found below.

You can find music from dozens of TradeFriendly bands through the etree.org community. See our BandAbbreviations listing, the [Live Music Archive] and the ShnDatabase for example artists. Etree promotes collecting and sharing these shows through FTP and BitTorrent.

If you are new to etree.org, first read AboutEtreeOrg, then GettingStarted.

Getting the Music

AboutEtreeOrg will tell you more about our community.

GettingStarted takes you step by step through what you need to do to get music via the [etree.org] community.

Subscribe to the MailingLists to discuss, get announcements from SiteOps, and to set up trades.

The SoftwareYouNeed section helps explain all the software you'll need to listen to your SHN files and burn them to CD-R's.

Read the HowToDownload page to find out how to download lossless audio from etree.org servers.

Read the HowToBurn page to find out how to burn the music you've downloaded to CD.

Look up SourceAbbreviations here to figure how your new CDs were recorded and transferred to lossless audio format.

The EtreeFAQ contains answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

Giving Back

SeedingGuidelines takes you step by step through what you need to do to give new music through our community.

Now that DVD media is common, etree is developing DVDAudioGuidelines which you can read and comment on.

ServerSetupGuides - Helpful links to guides for setting up various FTP server programs on various platforms.

File Types

Shorten (SHN) is the lossless audio compression codec that we use.

FLAC is a new, free lossless audio codec which may supplant SHN in the future. It can support higher audio resolutions (e.g. DVD-A) and compresses CD-quality audio better than Shorten.

External Resources

Keep track of shows you own and find new people to trade shows with on http://db.etree.org

Hundreds of legal show downloads at http://bt.etree.org

Visit our new http://forums.etree.org web boards to chat.

Download shows from the new [Live Music Archive], thanks to the [internet Archive].

Get BitTorrentDownloads from BitTorrent siteops.

Download shows using FurthurNet

Other external resources are listed under ShnLinks.

This was my first JT show at the Vic and I had a blast. Great show, fun crowd, EXCEPT all the junior film-makers with their most annoying cheap digital cameras and cell phones shooting video. I found this most annoying and find it even more annoying to see this behavior being rewarded here on VC. I sat behind an idiot who shot several songs wth his camera in video mode.

Nothing like paying $100 for a seat, waiting for 2 hours in freezing temps, only to have an obstructed view seat. The obstruction : the LCD on the camera belonging to the hipster dufus sitting in front of you.

:frusty