Jeff Tweedy - Friday, Feb. 13 @ The Vic

This is the section of Via Chicago where you can find threads about Wilco and related shows available through Bit Torrent and B&P.

This is the site where you can direct download Wilco and related shows.

A link to a pinned thread about Bit Torrent and Related Links, Audio file conversion, How-to, Wilco show lists, etc.

It's also important to remember that while some shows appear rather quickly for us to grab, sometimes it may be weeks, months, or years before the shows are available for us to get. Also - sometimes a show it not taped, and/or it may have been taped and never gets released for various reasons.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, you have to convert the files from FLAC to Mp3 - I don't own an iPod, so I don't really know much about them or itunes. Check out these links:

How to convert - an FAQ from The Owl and Bear

Bit Torrent and Related Links

Also - if you do a search on the word convert in the Just A Fan or In a Future Age sections, you will probably find multiple threads about how to convert files.

Thanks Homer

Try here: http://wiki.etree.org/

I use Vuze (formerly Azerus) to download and FLAC frontend to convert FLAC to wav files and mkw Audio Complressio tool to convern shn to wav files. There are lots of folks on here probably more up to date than me, but these are easy to use and reliable...

Etree Wiki

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to wiki.etree.org. etree.org is the award-winning leader in lossless digital audio distribution on the Internet! We are a community committed to providing the highest quality live concert recordings in a losslessly-compressed, downloadable format. All of the music on etree.org is free, and 100% legal to download, trade, and burn. We also assist new traders in learning to trade online through our extensive guides, found below.

You can find music from dozens of TradeFriendly bands through the etree.org community. See our BandAbbreviations listing, the [Live Music Archive] and the ShnDatabase for example artists. Etree promotes collecting and sharing these shows through FTP and BitTorrent.

If you are new to etree.org, first read AboutEtreeOrg, then GettingStarted.

Getting the Music

AboutEtreeOrg will tell you more about our community.

GettingStarted takes you step by step through what you need to do to get music via the [etree.org] community.

Subscribe to the MailingLists to discuss, get announcements from SiteOps, and to set up trades.

The SoftwareYouNeed section helps explain all the software you'll need to listen to your SHN files and burn them to CD-R's.

Read the HowToDownload page to find out how to download lossless audio from etree.org servers.

Read the HowToBurn page to find out how to burn the music you've downloaded to CD.

Look up SourceAbbreviations here to figure how your new CDs were recorded and transferred to lossless audio format.

The EtreeFAQ contains answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

Giving Back

SeedingGuidelines takes you step by step through what you need to do to give new music through our community.

Now that DVD media is common, etree is developing DVDAudioGuidelines which you can read and comment on.

ServerSetupGuides - Helpful links to guides for setting up various FTP server programs on various platforms.

File Types

Shorten (SHN) is the lossless audio compression codec that we use.

FLAC is a new, free lossless audio codec which may supplant SHN in the future. It can support higher audio resolutions (e.g. DVD-A) and compresses CD-quality audio better than Shorten.

External Resources

Keep track of shows you own and find new people to trade shows with on http://db.etree.org

Hundreds of legal show downloads at http://bt.etree.org

Visit our new http://forums.etree.org web boards to chat.

Download shows from the new [Live Music Archive], thanks to the [internet Archive].

Get BitTorrentDownloads from BitTorrent siteops.

Download shows using FurthurNet

Other external resources are listed under ShnLinks.

Hey thanks for the info. I get real close and sometimes i'll get a tune or show to play ,even after following each step, but I 'm just hopeless.Who wants a sidejob???

You're welcome. I hope those links help you open the door to the world of bit torrent and file conversion.

i'll keep trying

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...