WILCO April 14, 15 @ Pabst in MKE

I'm making the 6 hour drive from southern MN! There's really no excuse not too! :)

I've heard quite a few things about the Safe House. A couple of my coworkers went there and it sounds like an awesome place. This might be a stupid out-of-towner question, but are you still able to get in if you don't know the password and aren't with someone who does?

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm making the 6 hour drive from southern MN! There's really no excuse not too! :)

I've heard quite a few things about the Safe House. A couple of my coworkers went there and it sounds like an awesome place. This might be a stupid out-of-towner question, but are you still able to get in if you don't know the password and aren't with someone who does?

OK - here's the deal with the Safe House. A doorman will ask you to whisper the password to him. If you don't know it, you'll be asked to do something stupid to get in. (sing I'm a little teapot, act like a gorilla, etc.) Your stupid act is broadcast on a CCTV to the rest of the bar. Inside you'll find a bar with decor completely devoted to espionage kitsch.

OK - here's the deal with the Safe House. A doorman will ask you to whisper the password to him. If you don't know it, you'll be asked to do something stupid to get in. (sing I'm a little teapot, act like a gorilla, etc.) Your stupid act is broadcast on a CCTV to the rest of the bar. Inside you'll find a bar with decor completely devoted to espionage kitsch.

Seems fair enough. There was a likely chance that after a few PBRs I was going to do something stupid like that anyway!

So it's close to the venue then? I've never spent anytime in Milwaukee, so I'm completely oblivious. :)

The Safe House is hidden in an alley right across the street from the Pabst. You won't know it's there just by looking for it from the street...but you'll know you're there if you happen upon the entrance to "International Exports Ltd."

Skip the Safe House. If coming from the south, hit Koz's Mini Bowl for a drink and then Conejitos for some cheap mexican food and margaritas.

the safe house is pretty cool for tourists, new-comers, etc. I avoid it.

also, I'm pretty sure Milwaukee's Mexican population makes their food in a pretty similar fashion to Chicago's or any other Northern city's

i dont understand the Mexican food comment. We have Mexicans that live here. They make authentic food. We have quality Mexican markets here like El Rey.

Milwaukee has a large Latino community. There are wonderful Mexican restaurants all over the Southside.

http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/currentIs...MessageID=24066

Milwaukee has a large Latino community. There are wonderful Mexican restaurants all over the Southside.

http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/currentIs...MessageID=24066

This is true. Now if Milrock could only get a great Chinese or Thai or Middle Eastern place... (I was spoiled for years in Minneapolis by Rainbow (Chinese), King & I (Thai) and Holy Land (Mid East)).

This is true. Now if Milrock could only get a great Chinese or Thai or Middle Eastern place... (I was spoiled for years in Minneapolis by Rainbow (Chinese), King & I (Thai) and Holy Land (Mid East)).

Word about Minneapolis. I went to grad school there. Rainbow is amazing. So is Seafood Palace, Shuang Cheng, Ruam Mit in St. Paul, and Yangtze. I miss Chicken w/Nuts from Yangtze, Black Bean dumplings from Rainbow, and salt baked lobster, crab, or shrimp from Seafood Palace.

Boy have I digressed.

Word about Minneapolis. I went to grad school there. Rainbow is amazing. So is Seafood Palace, Shuang Cheng, Ruam Mit in St. Paul, and Yangtze. I miss Chicken w/Nuts from Yangtze, Black Bean dumplings from Rainbow, and salt baked lobster, crab, or shrimp from Seafood Palace.

Boy have I digressed.

Shuang Cheng!!!

Skip the Safe House. If coming from the south, hit Koz's Mini Bowl for a drink

Are you talking about the bar with the mini bowling alley at 7th and Becher?

I would say that if you're going to eat Mexican in the "Latin Quarter," you might as well drive/walk the extra block to La Fuente.

Pabst presale = weaksauce.

yep. tried to buy tickets today, got offered some in the back row of the third balcony the first time I logged on. I tried again to get different tickets and by then there were none left. Guess I am waiting until tomorrow when they go on sale to the public

Sorry if this has been covered, but I've no time to sift through this pretty big thread: how big were the milwaukee pre-sales?

This is only the Wilcoworld presale. I have no idea how big (in ticket quantity) the Pabst presale was.

Capacity at The Pabst Theater: 1,345 seats

That means only 134 tickets were available for each presale date (10%)

That's not a lot of tickets, so check out the regular onsale info and get ready for that one!