WILCO April 14, 15 @ Pabst in MKE

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, I see it now.

It's on the main page, and on the lower right hand side, a rotating "marquee" of info. If you wait long enough, it eventually rotates to say this:

"Webcast live from Milwaukee - Wednesday, April 15"

and then if you click on those words at that moment, it takes you here, to the roadcase, which is not set up yet:

http://wilcoworld.net/roadcase/index_tanglewood.php

yes, I see it now.

It's on the main page, and on the lower right hand side, a rotating "marquee" of info. If you wait long enough, it eventually rotates to say this:

"Webcast live from Milwaukee - Wednesday, April 15"

and then if you click on those words at that moment, it takes you here, to the roadcase, which is not set up yet:

http://wilcoworld.net/roadcase/index_tanglewood.php

:cheekkiss

There's a bank on the next block east that opens up their parking ramp for the Pabst's shows. Parking typically runs from $3-$7, I think...

well there's that answer. LoL. Thanks!

You can buy a parking pass for $5 from the Pabst Theater box office and park in the underground parking below the theater.

even better!

Excellent - I'm taking my son with me. This will be his 4th time seeing the band and my 9th or 10th (depending on if you include when they performed some of their own songs as part of The Minus 5 in 2003).

My Wilco concert checklist:

Vic Theatre - 1

Riviera - 2

World Theater (Tinley Park) - 1 (opening for REM)

Lounge Ax - 1

Lollapalooza - 2

Millennium Park - 1

Otto's (Dekalb) - 1

Abbey Pub - 1

The opener is A Hawk and a Hacksaw.

They consist of Jeremy Barnes (previously of NMH) and violinist Heather Trost.

I saw them at the Pitchfork Music Preview at Millenium Park last summer.

The music is mostly instrumental and Barnes plays a lot of accordian if I remember correctly.

Their tunes Eastern European influenced, which I don't care for, but I'm sure many others will find it enjoyable.

I saw them on Friday night as well.

here's a thread about the opening act:

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showtopic=38826

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out the time measure on most of the songs. My poor foot tried to tap, but it got so confused it quit trying.

No guitars - the only stringed instrument was the violin. Yes, it is mostly instrumental (horn, tuba?) and a lot of accordion and violin, and a lot of notes, fast and furious! There is a sort of tense and eerie mood given off by this genre IMO. Re: Jeremy - not only are both of his hands and arms very busy with the accordion, on some songs he also added a little kick drum and voice! So I was struck by, how can he do this? It must be incredibly difficult. These are some extremely talented musicians performing what to my untrained ear seem to be complex pieces. So I appreciated being given the opportunity to see them.

BUT ... I sure hope they come out and play some songs with Wilco!

They didn't come back out for Andrew Bird, but Bird's got enough people on stage already! That was sort of an adjustment for me. I loved the show though. Great story about breaking the neck on his rare violin the night before! :stunned He relayed sort of a "World According to Garp" rationale that "now the worst possible thing has happened, I can relax." Luckily it was fixed in time for the Friday night show.

Yeah, I wont be in much of a hurry to leave the bar to see them play.. Even though I'm sure it'll be an entertaining show, they're just not really my cup of tea.

I have a feeling we won't be in a hurry to see them either, especially since I'll be catching them in Knoxville.

I have a feeling we won't be in a hurry to see them either, especially since I'll be catching them in Knoxville.

Yeah, I'm hoping we can get there early enough to at least get a bite to eat before the show (and :beer for me). These week day shows are kind of a pain when you have to work, find childcare etc.

Yeah, I'm hoping we can get there early enough to at least get a bite to eat before the show (and :beer for me). These week day shows are kind of a pain when you have to work, find childcare etc.

Yeah they're definitely a pain but I was able to get the next day off work so I'm staying overnight in Asheville. My friend Christa is coming from Charlotte to meet me. We are definitely doing something before the show but haven't made definite plans yet. I need to just get through this Knoxville show first. :lol

tomorrow, i'm leaving central indiana around 2:30 (IN time, i belive in milwaukee it will be 1:30). if i reach chicago by 4-5 (chicago time), how bad is rush hour going to be? i'm nervous about making it in time.

i'll probably be taking I-94/I-80 through the city.

Yeah they're definitely a pain but I was able to get the next day off work so I'm staying overnight in Asheville. My friend Christa is coming from Charlotte to meet me. We are definitely doing something before the show but haven't made definite plans yet. I need to just get through this Knoxville show first. :lol

Cool deal. We'll probably eat somewhere close to the Thomas Wolfe since we'll be getting there about an hour before show time. Just enough time for a quick bite to eat and a brew or two.

tomorrow, i'm leaving central indiana around 2:30 (IN time, i belive in milwaukee it will be 1:30). if i reach chicago by 4-5 (chicago time), how bad is rush hour going to be? i'm nervous about making it in time.

i'll probably be taking I-94/I-80 through the city.

you're asking how bad chicago traffic is during rush hour? ay yi yi...

I'd look into skirting the city and taking 294. You don't want to be in stop and go traffic near downtown for hours... I've been there, and it sucks.

you're asking how bad chicago traffic is during rush hour? ay yi yi...

I'd look into skirting the city and taking 294. You don't want to be in stop and go traffic near downtown for hours... I've been there, and it sucks.

alright, i checked out 294 on google maps. it's only like 3 minutes out of the way. and i'd be avoiding the brunt of the traffic by going that way?

alright, i checked out 294 on google maps. it's only like 3 minutes out of the way. and i'd be avoiding the brunt of the traffic by going that way?

That's the theory. I think traffic is going to be a clusterfuck either way, but less so if you take 294.

Remember to bring cash for the tolls! I'm sure there's a website that'll tell you how much you'll need.

That's the theory. I think traffic is going to be a clusterfuck either way, but less so if you take 294.

Remember to bring cash for the tolls! I'm sure there's a website that'll tell you how much you'll need.

oh! thanks for reminding me, i would have totally forgotten.

thanks for the help, Winston, seriously.