WILCO April 14, 15 @ Pabst in MKE

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude. Skip Miller. Lakefront tour is where it's at. no-brainer.

I'm almost excited for the Lakefront tour as I am for Wilco ... almost.

Anyway, I slept through the presale. Worst Wilco fan ever.

I will feel extremely dumb if I can't get tickets for either of these shows -- Tuesday and Wednesday are my weekend, and bands I want to see never seem to play those days.

Aren't all brewery tours the same? (This is where we make beer, this is how we make beer, this is a miniscule sample of our beer). Skip the brewery tour and hit Koz's mini bowl!

you haven't done Lakefront, eh?

Koz's does rule though

Lakefront Brewery is a must. The guides there are absolutely hilarious. I don't even drink and I had a good time. Good root beer! Eight of us from the Lollapalooza message board went on the River Brewery Cruise last summer. We went to The Ale House, Lakefront Brewery, and Rock Bottom. Lakefront is in a class by itself.

Of course no trip to Milwaukee would be complete without a trip to the Safe House either.

Probably the perfect pre/post-show gathering place. It's right across the street, for pete's sake!

That's why I brought it up, anyway...

So I have to confess that I've only seen Wilco a handful of times and it's always been in larger venues or at festivals. Will everyone at the Pabst theater show be sitting down or standing? Is there Wilco etiquette for these type of shows?

I'm 6'6" and 285 and I'll be STANDING right in front of you if you are in Row H, seats 5-8 on both nights :P

I think there will be a lot of standing and some sitting. There is no pit, so people really don't have to stand.

I'm not 6'6" or 285, but i do have a big bald head and shoulders that create a solar eclipse.

I'm 6'6" and 285 and I'll be STANDING right in front of you if you are in Row H, seats 5-8 on both nights :P

I think there will be a lot of standing and some sitting. There is no pit, so people really don't have to stand.

I'm not 6'6" or 285, but i do have a big bald head and shoulders that create a solar eclipse.

I actually AM 6'5" 275, and will be standing in row H :lol

I would predict that, for most of the show, the floor will stand while the balconies will sit.

Should I drive to Milwaukee for this?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: It's a rare treat to see Wilco at (arguably) their commercial height playing a venue that holds ~1350. Seeing them in 2006 at The Barrymore in Madison (cap. ~970) was astounding. When the crowd is so close to the band, as it will be at The Pabst, they really feed off of each other and a truly memorable experience will commence. The Pabst is also one of THE best sounding venues in the country (IMO). Make the trip--you'll regret it if you don't.