Not For The Season on Sunken Treasure DVD

Has Jeff/Wilco released the song Not For The Season anywhere? I watched in on the Sunken Treasure DVD but don't know where it's from.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Loose Fur - Loose Fur

It's call Laminated Cat

It's been a long time since I've heard it but you could say it's Springsteen-ish, no?

I rocked out in the car to this today and thought the same thing. :thumbup

The first Wilco show I attended had an awesome Sunken Treasure--->Not for the Season transition.

Nice!

I saw a Soundstage taping back when Wilco and Sonic Youth were on the show in 2003. I recall an amazing "Not For The Season" with Jim O'Rourke as a guest. Of course it didn't wind up on the broadcast.

You were at that taping? Awesome.

setlist.jpg

That soundstage performance was killer. I would have loved to have been there.

I generally prefer the Loose Fur "Laminated Cat" but every version of this song is awesome. As a side-note it's by far my personal favorite song to play live at shows. Easy, but with lots of cool chordal color and sweet lyrics.

i would imagine the loose fur version is dynamite on psychadilics. i mean, really it's a great jam. i think the lyrics work better on this version than anything off the YHF demos.

Not springsteen. Led zep! Bombastic. And Glenn and Jeff are completely in sync.

I'd love it if PBS would put both full sets out on DVD. I got to see one of the Wilco/Sonic Youth shows, and as my luck would have it, Jim didn't come out and play with Wilco.

Yeah, that would be great. It's a shame no video footage of Jim playing with the band during that tour is out there, I guess the Letterman "War on War" sort of counts but I'd love to see the full Soundstage at some point.

--Mike

Yeah, that would be great. It's a shame no video footage of Jim playing with the band during that tour is out there, I guess the Letterman "War on War" sort of counts but I'd love to see the full Soundstage at some point.

--Mike

I was at the Soundstage taping as well. That was one great night. Has this really never shown up anywhere? Bummer.