Knoxville Presale

I always have luck with presale tickets, but not this one.

If anyone here got tickets in the first 10 rows, please say so (so we losers today can rest assured it just was not our lucky day, instead of the first 10 rows being held back from sale.)

:hmm

Row "d" , orchestra, center stage!!!

I have had good luck with pre-sale and did again today with Asheville.

However, I had a total brain cramp today and thought Knoxville was in the Central time zone so I missed out on it. I have been able to pull up the odd single to Knoxville throughout the day, but no pairs. Guess I'll try Friday.

Looks like the douche bags were up early enough to scarf up Knoxville pre-sale tickets so that they could sell them on e b a y for 400 clams in one auction and 660 clams in another. PUKE.

I was totally shut out of Nashville tickets last time around. If I get shut out Friday, I'll be fit to be tied.

TICKET POACHERS: STAY AWAY FROM KNOXVILLE TICKETS ON FRIDAY MORNING! And, to those that have seen Wilco a hundred times: WILCO does not NEED you to be at every possible show. Let the rest of us have a crack at tickets occasionally.

(There, that should do it.)

Wilco may not need me at every possible show but I need to be at every possible show.

Good vibes and good fortune tomorrow. :thumbup

i am seriously thinkin about buying a ticket and going and skipping avett brothers... the question is how do i get to knoxville??

Avetts w/DMB?

Would it not be the COOLEST for the Avetts to open for Wilco?

P.S. I'm still bummed about not getting Knoxville tickets during the presale. :pirate

Well, so much for the pit - I'll never be that lucky.

Did manage to get the front row of right balcony. I called the theater, was told there's a capacity of 1500 and ALL the seats are great.

Can't wait!!!

:dancing

Well, so much for the pit - I'll never be that lucky.

Did manage to get the front row of right balcony. I called the theater, was told there's a capacity of 1500 and ALL the seats are great.

Can't wait!!!

:dancing

I'd take front row balcony over any floor seat beyond the fifth row anyday.

Good to hear that all the seats are great. Makes me feel good about my not so great floor seats.

how do you buy tickets? Ticketmaster isn't listing this show.

not ticketmaster, thank goodness.

the link should show up here friday morning 10am:

http://www.knoxvilletickets.com/venues.asp?venueid=26

it will help save time to sign up for an account online before friday. that will save you from having to enter in all your info while frantically trying for tickets.

Thanks to frogwater for sharing this info post on page 1 of this thread, or I'd assume Ticketmaster messed up.

I missed the presale, but was at Cats at 9:45 on Friday to get my tix. I got 4 in row S, left center. After missing them at various locales around the country, I am seeing them for the first time. And remember this...the only bad seat at The Theatre is downstairs in the bathroom. And that is debatable...

are there any good, clean, (& safe) hotels nearby (within 5 miles of the theatre) that are less than $100/night???

I've done extensive hotel searching on every site I could.

The best deals I found within walking distance are:

The Hilton (thru Expedia I got two nights for $172 using a $50 coupon Expedia had given for signing up). The Hilton is two blocks from the venue.

and the Sheraton has a special - stay two nights and get the second one 50% off which totals $172 also. The Sheraton is less than a mile from the theater.

Everything cheaper was at least 5 miles away.

I've never been to Knoxville so staying two nights seemed like fun and the room at the nicer hotels was reasonable.

Good luck!

I stayed at the Knoxville Hilton over the summer and got an excellent deal on it, either through hotels.com or through AAA's website. I think I paid around $100 for it. It's a really nice hotel, close to the highway but also located right downtown, and I had no problems walking around by myself in that area late at night. There are plenty of bars and restaurants within an easy walking distance of it, too.

I stayed at the Knoxville Hilton over the summer and got an excellent deal on it, either through hotels.com or through AAA's website. I think I paid around $100 for it. It's a really nice hotel, close to the highway but also located right downtown, and I had no problems walking around by myself in that area late at night. There are plenty of bars and restaurants within an easy walking distance of it, too.

Thanks for the input - I'd only read traveler's reviews who griped about not being greeted properly by the staff, etc.

I had no idea if there was anything to do in the immediate area, but sounds great!

Now if only there are pool tables within walking distance... :thumbup

I was there when I was on my crazy road trip to follow the Nels Cline Singers this summer, so I was in and out in less than 24 hours and didn't get to explore as much as I wanted to. I did go out after the show, though, and found interesting places within a 10 or 15 minute walk. The staff seemed nice enough to me, and there's a Starbucks in the lobby, which made me very happy the next morning.