The Official Bob Dylan Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I ever see Jeff again, I may ask him why he chose that song. I love the album John Wesley Harding, but that last two songs (Down Along the Cove and I'll Be Your Baby Tonight) on that album I could do without.

If I had to guess, I would imagine that it is simply a song he really, really likes.

The Dylan song I'd most like to hear Jeff cover is "Boots of Spanish Leather."

I'd like to hear Wilco do "It Takes A Lot to Laugh, It Takes A Train to Cry," but only if they go after it. Most artists show a little too much reverence to Dylan by holding back when they cover his music. That's what I like about The Deep Vibration's cover of "Shot of Love" (thanks Crow for the heads-up!). They play it like they own it.

To be honest, I haven't downloaded the song yet. I was just infatuated with the picture. But you should just have to click the link at the bottom that reads, Jeff Tweedy- I'll Be Your Baby Tonight and then follow the SendSpace regular/ free download options to download it. You may have to wait 30-60 seconds for the download to initialize but you shouldn't have to pay for it.

Analogman, I am like you and find those songs from John Wesley Harding to be a bit of a drag. In fact, I am not fond of the 2nd side of that album. After St. Augustine, it kinda looses its momentum for me :ohwell

• 10 months later...

Finally gotten around and bought Knocked out Loaded and Down in the Groove - Loaded is pretty much crap, love the title of the record though.

I enjoy Down in the Groove, though. Definitely not anywhere near his best, but I enjoy listening to each track.

Also found the Japan cd singles of Not Dark Yet and Things Have Changed. Each of the discs has 3 additional live songs. Tears of Rage on the Not Dark Yet disc and HIghlands on the Things Have Changed are the highlights. Best part is that I paid $4.99 for and $5.99 for the other, I see they are going for a bit more in the marketplace.

I realize I haven't seen Dylan since 2009; by far my longest gap since I started seeing him in 97.

Let's hope its better than the last, but then again it really doesn't matter. For those who need a Dylan fix check out the Amnesty International tribute disks. Lots of fun stuff on them along with some real head scratchers. Either way it is cheap and for a good cause.

LouieB

Now listening to my favorite Dylan album: Nashville Skyline.

I love the unpretentious simplicity of it. And some of his most-beautiful melodies are here, too.

A far better Dylan cover album in my opinion is the "I'm Not There" soundtrack. There are some really original cover versions on there.

I would mostly agree, but there are some interesting ones on the AI disks and many more people have probably not heard it.

LouieB

Now listening to my favorite Dylan album: Nashville Skyline.

I love the unpretentious simplicity of it. And some of his most-beautiful melodies are here, too.

Nashville is a great litte record. 'I Threw It All Away' is a beautiful song. There is a cool, raw, version of that track on the Hard Rain album if I recall.

Nashville is a great litte record. 'I Threw It All Away' is a beautiful song. There is a cool, raw, version of that track on the Hard Rain album if I recall.

My favorite version of I Threw It All Away remains Jeff Tweedy's solo acoustic version from 1999. That should be released as a single.

I read something the other day about a 14 minute song about the Titanic that is suppose to be on the new album.

that sounds interesting. i really liked modern times. haven't checked out his last one yet.