Obama on Fiscal Responsibility

From a guy that has been wrong about every issue since Obama was elected. I thought the bailouts were good and necessary and would save homeowners. I already know you're plan: sit back and do nothing and not talk about anything about what caused it. Funny I haven't been to this board for months and the same threads are still going. Given the mostly inane posts contained in these threads, I am well within my right to state my opinion, which I back up with facts, not denial, the angle you are coming from. Anytime you want to post counterpoints to show how am wrong I'll be sure to read them.

Wait, what? What issues was I wrong about? I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. The only specific issue I remember engaging you on was your preposterous prediction that Goldman and the other banks would never pay back their bailout loans. Which they did. Which means I was right, and you were wrong. Are you projecting?

If you want to argue about how ridiculous this country's policy is, of keeping interest rates artificially low, so that banks could make enough money off our backs to pay back these loans, that's fine. I'd actually agree with you. But that's not what we were arguing about back then.

ETA: also, weren't you the one suggesting we could get swine flu via ham and cheese sandwiches? This must be a bit. It's a bit, right? Oh, and the Amero? Really? Who's been wrong about everything?

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what? What issues was I wrong about? I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. The only specific issue I remember engaging you on was your preposterous prediction that Goldman and the other banks would never pay back their bailout loans. Which they did. Which means I was right, and you were wrong. Are you projecting?

If you want to argue about how ridiculous this country's policy is, of keeping interest rates artificially low, so that banks could make enough money off our backs to pay back these loans, that's fine. I'd actually agree with you. But that's not what we were arguing about back then.

ETA: also, weren't you the one suggesting we could get swine flu via ham and cheese sandwiches? This must be a bit. It's a bit, right? Oh, and the Amero? Really? Who's been wrong about everything?

[/quot

What a moronic response. I posted this information at the time from different sources, yet was told it wasn't true. You still think the banks paid back the money and want to argue about that bogus and long ago discredited 700 billion figure. Who needs facts right? If you think the US has this kind of money stolen and this kind of job loss and things will "pick back up" you are in for a rude awakening. I'm not going to bother to waste anymore time correcting your "facts". Like I said, if you have anything to say about what I posted earlier today then feel free to post, but to be honest, I probably won't bother to read it. I have better things to do than engage in strawmen arguments by misinformed people. You might want to read something besides corporate sponsored American media sometime, but here's a clip since I know you like your MSM sources so much and it's not real or true unless the TV says it is. Maybe you can understand how you were robbed with pictures and props. Enjoy life in fantasyland.

FED GAVE Banks Access to 23.7 TRILLION DOLLARS NOT $700 Billion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDJc0PZV-Bk

That figure could have paid the entire national debt off with money left over.

Don't eat pork from infected animals: WHO

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/story.html?id=1570736

Meat from pigs infected with H1N1 flu should not be eaten by humans, a World Health Organization official said yesterday, while emphasizing existing checks were sufficient to safeguard the food supply from the new virus strain.

Jorgen Schlundt, director of the WHO's department of food safety, zoonoses and foodborne diseases, said care must be taken to ensure pigs and their meat were checked for all diseases, including the H1N1 virus that may be present in the blood of infected animals.

"Meat from sick pigs or pigs found dead should not be processed or used for human consumption under any circumstances," he said.

Flu viruses such as the new H1N1 strain could survive freezing, and contaminate thawed meat and blood, he added. But there was no risk of infection from eating or handling pork so long as normal precautions were taken.

"While it is possible for influenza viruses to survive the freezing process and be present on thawed meat, there are no data available on the survival of Influenza A/H1N1 on meat nor any data on the infectious dose for people," Mr. Schlundt wrote in an e-mail reply to questions about risks from the respiratory secretions and blood of infected pigs.

He said it was still unclear whether and how long the virus, which is commonly known as swine flu but also contains human and avian flu pieces, would be present in the blood and meat juices of animals that contracted it.

The WHO has urged veterinarians, farmhands and slaughterhouse workers to be careful in their contact with pigs.

What a moronic response.

FED GAVE Banks Access to 23.7 TRILLION DOLLARS NOT $700 Billion!

Jeez, man. Talk about moronic responses. I never suggested that this country hasn't given access to much more money than 700 billion. If you look at my prior post, this is exactly what I said. We continue to give banks free money by keeping interest rates artificially low, keeping the fed window open, and allowing investment banks to become bank holding companies. The reason my savings account earns no interest is so that banks can lend out my money at higher rates and keep the spread. Banks are restoring their balance sheets on the backs of the taxpayer. It's that simple.

But, and here's the point, that's not what we were arguing about or what you were saying. We were talking about whether the banks would pay back the $700 Billion or not. You said no. They did. You are inventing your own strawmen to argue with.

Other than berating people around here for opinions they either do or don't have, I dont get what you are doing about these issues you feel so strongly about.