• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw that. Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick? Wow.

Very surprised, I was expecting at the very least a 2nd rounder and a 4th - 7th rounder. The NE upside is all the extra $ the pats now have. Plus that 2nd rounder is the 34th in the draft, sorta like a Round 1a lol. Still, steal for the chiefs, solid lb who can give you 2 more years as a starter, and a potential top 10 QB to lead the team.

cassell is not a potential top 10 qb. He was terrible doing anything but passing from the shotgun, and he did that with welker and moss.

Agreed.

Kitna goes to Dallas!? Not that Detroit should have held on to him, but why does Dallas want a third-rate chucker?

Kitna goes to Dallas!? Not that Detroit should have held on to him, but why does Dallas want a third-rate chucker?

Ha, just told my wife. She's not happy.

We'll see how Rosenfels does for the Queens. I have a feeling he'll beat out Jackson for the starting position. We'll need to draft a QB. I read that T.J. Houshmandzadeh wants to be a Viking. Not sure we can afford him. A decent QB w/ Berrian and Housmandzadeh as targets might give Peterson some more space to work with, and if our defense stays solid, who knows??

cassell is not a potential top 10 qb. He was terrible doing anything but passing from the shotgun, and he did that with welker and moss.

I think its fair to say a 26yo who was 10th in passer rating and TDs in his first year has the potential to be a top 10 QB. This isn't a golden era of QBs. Change top 10 to top 15 if you want, in the end he will likely be an average to good QB, but if he ends up over performing I can't see how that wouldnt at least place him 9th or 10th in the league.

Not to make this all about the Lions but they can't even get the off-season right.

DETROIT TALK: Albert Haynesworth foresaw Jim Schwartz becoming the Lions' next coach.

When the Titans faced the Lions on Thanksgiving Day last year -- with Haynesworth at defensive tackle, Schwartz as defensive coordinator -- the Titans were 10-1, the Lions 0-11. The Titans won, 47-10.

"I was looking at Schwartz like, 'Man, you're probably going to be the head coach over there,' " Haynesworth said Friday at a news conference after the Redskins signed him to a huge free-agent contract. "I was like, 'I love you, but I don't know about Detroit.' " :thumbup

Still, Haynesworth said he thinks so much of Schwartz, he would have considered coming to Detroit had the Lions bid aggressively.

"I don't think we even talked to Detroit much," Haynesworth said. "I love Schwartz, and if he would have asked me to come, I would have had to take a look. But here, honestly, is the best fit for me, because I have a lot of players around me."

Is Corey Smith really lost at sea, or do you all think he just can't stand the thought of playing another season with the Lions?

Yes, I realize how tasteless it is to ask that.

12 foot waves?! It sounds pretty awful.

Very surprised, I was expecting at the very least a 2nd rounder and a 4th - 7th rounder. The NE upside is all the extra $ the pats now have. Plus that 2nd rounder is the 34th in the draft, sorta like a Round 1a lol. Still, steal for the chiefs, solid lb who can give you 2 more years as a starter, and a potential top 10 QB to lead the team.

Regardless of what you think of Cassel he is way better than what the chiefs have and he tore up the AFC west this year...of course that woudl include the Chiefs too.

This NE Chiefs trade looks a bit fishy. Pioli must have threatened to come out with more dirt on Bellichick.

My guess is Brady's other knee is blown out this season. Karma sucks.

I had heard that the Bronco's offered a better deal, but the Pats went with the Chiefs because of the bond between coaches.

Regardless of what you think of Cassel he is way better than what the chiefs have and he tore up the AFC west this year...of course that woudl include the Chiefs too.

I wouldn't say WAY better - Thigpen had his own kind of breakout year and only threw 3 less TDs than Cassel did and he didn't have Welker and Moss to throw to. Thigpen is also a better rushing QB than Cassel.

The Chiefs are on the hook for over $14 mil per year for Cassel - not that big of a steal...

Kitna is about as solid a backup as a team could want. Don't see the problem there.

But, Orlovsky for $3mil a year??? Now THAT'S a shitty signing.

But, Orlovsky for $3mil a year??? Now THAT'S a shitty signing.

I wish I could remember the source of my favorite recent comment about Orlovsky, so I could quote it properly and give credit where it's due, but it the gist of it was that Orlovsky should sign with a CFL team ... because the end zones are deeper in Canada. :lol

I admit, I was just sick of Kitna. It really wasn't his fault he spent most of his time on his back. Here's a decent report on who blew it this weekend in free agency:

Philadelphia Eagles

Jeffrey Lurie should not feel safe walking in the streets of Philadelphia. The Eagles have taken advantage of being $40 million under the cap by:

1. Letting the heart and soul of the defense Brian Dawkins jump ship to Denver.

2. Trading Lito Sheppard.

3. Appearing to now be out of the running to sign T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

If this is how you go about trying to sell Donovan McNabb that you are trying to win now, well I suggest you try something else. It has been a dark weekend in the City of Brotherly Love.

I wish I could remember the source of my favorite recent comment about Orlovsky, so I could quote it properly and give credit where it's due, but it the gist of it was that Orlovsky should sign with a CFL team ... because the end zones are deeper in Canada. :lol

dan-orlovsky.jpg

dan-orlovsky.jpg

God, that's embarrassing. You see the ref, but every defenseman had his bloody hands up. Orlofsky just stopped, looking around like someone just farted.

Regarding the Chiefs/Cassel trade, it's being speculated that Belichek might have preferred a very high 2nd round pick over a 12th pick for money issues. A 2nd rounder is way cheaper.

ALSO, New England may not have liked the idea of their 2008 Offensive Coordinator (Denver's current coach) coaching thier 2008 quarterback. That combiantion contributed greatly to a 10-6 record. Competitively, New England most likely felt more comfortable in having the 2-win, sucky Chiefs getting Cassel.

Reagardless, a GREAT deal for the Chiefs.

But the BEST part is that Jay Cutler is pissed off and wants out. If all this is true, what a completley moronic move by the Broncos. As a Chiefs fan, I LOVE it!!!!!

Also, isn't Belichek buddies with the KC GM? He threw him a bone.

Yeah, they're really good friends and close. But Belichek also was close with McDaniels.

I think it mostly had to do with that Belichek didn't like the idea of McDaniels and Cassel teaming up again. The 2 did quite well together in New England. If it was an NFC team, maybe it'd be different.