Guest Jules
Anyone else hearing Cutler for Brady Quinn?

That was out there last week, and I think it involved Shaun Rogers and draft picks as well. I think every city has some rumors floating.

There's no point in coming to Chicago if they don't get some help at WR.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Detroit doesn't get some bodies on the O line, anyone they put back there is gonna spend the season on their back. Plus, they'll have to give up #1 in the draft for him. Of course, like idiots, they'll probably blow that #1 on a quarterback.

As someone who wants the Browns to not suck, I was kinda looking forward to a Quinn thing. He's from the Columbus area so it would be nice. Cutler seems to be like a Winslow personality, so I'm not sure Mangini/Kokinis would be enthused about bringing another ego into the locker room.

There are reports that Donte' Stallworth was legally drunk when he hit and killed a pedestrian.

Sad, but if it's true he deserves prison ... and he'll probably never play another down in the NFL.

see Leonard Little from Wikipedia:

"After attending a drunken birthday party in 1998, Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, MO. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level that exceeds the statutory level of intoxication of 0.08 in the state of Missouri.[5] Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service."

Well, then I guess I won't be too surprised if Stallworth hires Little's lawyer.

That's bullshit that Little got such a slap on the wrist for what was arguably second degree murder.

Guest Jules
There are reports that Donte' Stallworth was legally drunk when he hit and killed a pedestrian.

Sad, but if it's true he deserves prison ... and he'll probably never play another down in the NFL.

Didn't he just sign a big contract too? I'll never understand why these idiots drive themselves anywhere, drinking or not.

That's just ridiculous. I don't understand that. Get a bloody cab! I'm not a millionaire and there are like no cabs in Detroit, but I wait. Moron!

Owners are seriously talking about taking the Thanksgiving game away from Detroit. And they should.

Edit: Now there saying they tabled it. Not gonna happen.

• 2 weeks later...

49ers don't want Stafford because he won't open up to shrink

By Chris Chase

There are a number of reasons an NFL team wouldn't draft a certain quarterback. Maybe they'd be concerned about his arm strength, or footwork, or accuracy, or football IQ. There are literally dozens of flaws a signal caller might have. The San Francisco 49ers have found a new one.

Reports say that Mike Singletary and the Niners won't draft Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford because he was reluctant to talk to a team psychologist about his parent's divorce. Said Singletary:

"If you're going to look at drafting a guy in the first round, and you're going to pay him millions of dollars, and asking him about a divorce about his parents, if that's going to be an issue, uhhh, then you know what, maybe he doesn't belong here."

Let me get this straight: A 21-year old doesn't want to talk to some stranger about his parent's divorce? Inconceivable! Such a reaction surely portends NFL mediocrity!

Honestly, that's an utterly bizarre quote from Singletary. The 49ers have to do their due diligence in researching the backgrounds of draft picks, but what does not wanting to talk about a traumatic childhood event have to do with leading a football team?

The concern about psychology is especially strange coming from Singletary, who attempted to motivate his team last year by dropping his pants before giving a half-time speech. I'm pretty sure he got that idea from Freud.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,151562

The concern about psychology is especially strange coming from Singletary, who attempted to motivate his team last year by dropping his pants before giving a half-time speech. I'm pretty sure he got that idea from Freud.

Maybe he wanted to hear "I hate my daddy, and mommy never loved me, and the only way I can show them is by winning the super bowl!"

Team's are starting to look at off the field stuff more and more lately. Michael Oher is probably the single most gifted tackle in the draft, but he might not be a first round pick because of his past, even though he's very rarely had any actual problems. It's all about his upbringing, or lack thereof.

Maybe he wanted to hear "I hate my daddy, and mommy never loved me, and the only way I can show them is by winning the super bowl!"

Mother, you had me I never had you

I wanted you but you didn't want me

So I got to tell you

Goodbye, goodbye

Father, you left me but I never left you

I needed you but you didn't need me

So I just got to tell you

Goodbye, goodbye

Children, don't do what I have done

I couldn't walk so I tried to run

So I got to tell you

Goodbye, goodbye

?

49ers don't want Stafford because he won't open up to shrink

By Chris Chase

There are a number of reasons an NFL team wouldn't draft a certain quarterback. Maybe they'd be concerned about his arm strength, or footwork, or accuracy, or football IQ. There are literally dozens of flaws a signal caller might have. The San Francisco 49ers have found a new one.

Reports say that Mike Singletary and the Niners won't draft Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford because he was reluctant to talk to a team psychologist about his parent's divorce. Said Singletary:

"If you're going to look at drafting a guy in the first round, and you're going to pay him millions of dollars, and asking him about a divorce about his parents, if that's going to be an issue, uhhh, then you know what, maybe he doesn't belong here."

Let me get this straight: A 21-year old doesn't want to talk to some stranger about his parent's divorce? Inconceivable! Such a reaction surely portends NFL mediocrity!

Honestly, that's an utterly bizarre quote from Singletary. The 49ers have to do their due diligence in researching the backgrounds of draft picks, but what does not wanting to talk about a traumatic childhood event have to do with leading a football team?

I wouldn't pick him because I was never too impressed with him the two or three times I saw him this year. It just so happens that he is one of the better quarterbacks in a down year for quarterbacks. Some things should be off the table. If I was interviewed for a job asking about my family and parents divorce woudl be illegal, why not in the NFL? and just because the $$ invested are high is no excuse. It has to have something to do with the anti-trust exemption they have or some other specific rules that allow them to be different with their interviews than for regular folks. Hell in todays world if Jim McMahon showed up with a case of beer under his arm like he did, he woudl be bounced out of most towns on the spot.

Bears. Jay Cutler. Please.

I'd love to get him here, and it makes sense to make a serious move to get a deal done. That being said... it'll never happen. The Bears don't believe in quarterbacks.