I was always a fan. My dad idolized Madden as a coach. The worst part of this is that we'll have to hear more games announced by former players who are awful broadcasters. I'm talking to you Marino.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that being said, I think Chris Collinsworth will be a good replacement.

Oh dear god, is he Madden's replacement? I haven't read the article.

I can't stand Collinsworth. I'm not sure I can even say why ... the guy has just always bugged me.

Oh dear god, is he Madden's replacement? I haven't read the article.

I can't stand Collinsworth. I'm not sure I can even say why ... the guy has just always bugged me.

I like Cris Collinsworth as much as I hate Bryant Gumbel.

Seriously, I think Collinsworth is one of the smartest analysts on TV. I think NBC's studio team last year was lights-out best. It was NBC Game of the Week 70s baseball good. Jim McKay in anything good.

I like Cris Collinsworth as much as I hate Bryant Gumbel.

Seriously, I think Collinsworth is one of the smartest analysts on TV. I think NBC's studio team last year was lights-out best. It was NBC Game of the Week 70s baseball good. Jim McKay in anything good.

Collinsworth is easily the smartest analyst on TV. It's a good replacement and an obvious one. As much as I'll miss Madden, having Collinsworth in the booth will be nice. I subscribed to Showtime this past year just to hear him on Inside the NFL.

Collinsworth is easily the smartest analyst on TV. It's a good replacement and an obvious one. As much as I'll miss Madden, having Collinsworth in the booth will be nice. I subscribed to Showtime this past year just to hear him on Inside the NFL.

In some ways, I think it will raise the comments a notch. Madden the last few years would be a subject to death, and his asides weren't as fun as his earlier years. I anticipate Michales and Collinsworth having a ball together.

He may have encyclopedias of stats and football facts in his noggin. But he's as dry as a popcorn fart.

nfl_lions_600.jpg

Well, that'll do it. That's all we needed.

Edit: The "Go Fast" swooshes on the letters are a plus. Except the one on the the lower right portion of the "s", which makes no sense at all and pretty much ruins the whole thing. If you can ruin something totally stupid to begin with.

Edit: Or is that hair? Oh God.