New album news!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a terrible temptation to those who want to wait and hear the album first. A huge spoiler. I am soooo not listening to it.

But I'm old school ... I will wait for the real album. :music

Wow, what a terrible temptation to those who want to wait and hear the album first. A huge spoiler. I am soooo not listening to it.

When the devil came, he was not red

He was green...

Live versions of new songs

Includes:

Conscript

One Wing

Solitaire

Wilco (the song)

Country Disappeared

Everlasting

Sonny Feeling

You And I

Thanks for the link. I've listened to this set twice now and I am disappointed to say but I am really not feeling any of these songs. Hopefully they'll improve in the recording process (I remember Theologians being pretty underwhelming when it was road tested at first, but it ended up being one of the best songs on AGIB), but I don't know I've really kind of gone cold on post-AGIB Wilco for some reason.

--Mike

Nothing I'm too excited about... I mean, I'm still really excited... but none of the songs, or the ideas, or anything I've heard has been anything I feel will be a career standout. Or a song I will grow really attached to like I have on the past offerings. I'm hoping this album will be a new direction, but based on the songs I'm really not sure how that could be. I'll probably still listen to it 500 times.

The band lineup since after Ghost just hasn't been making stuff interesting. Nels... I don't care about that guy. Honestly, he has never impressed me, ever. As in, I don't care for his guitar lines and all that and the music he makes. I mean, I know he gets a lot of hype around here and oh my God he's a virtuoso and so and so but he isn't doing anything for me. And as for the live show I don't really like what he plays over older songs. Just... no impact for me.

But I just sort of wish there were a big change in the band. Or maybe a new Loose Fur record.

The band lineup since after Ghost just hasn't been making stuff interesting. Nels... I don't care about that guy. Honestly, he has never impressed me, ever. As in, I don't care for his guitar lines and all that and the music he makes. I mean, I know he gets a lot of hype around here and oh my God he's a virtuoso and so and so but he isn't doing anything for me. And as for the live show I don't really like what he plays over older songs. Just... no impact for me.

But I just sort of wish there were a big change in the band. Or maybe a new Loose Fur record.

Nels, to me, is impressive. But I somewhat agree with what you're saying. Sometimes he just gets a little too noodly and jammy for my taste. But then Impossible Germany is played, and I think how great it is he's in the band.

I've heard the new record will have more slide guitar, which is exciting...'cause I like how Nels plays that.

AMEN on a new Loose Fur record. Born Again in the USA might be my favorite Tweedy-related record since YHF.

I really have no idea what I'm talking about... Nels is amazing.. He's one of the most brilliant guitarists that has ever lived. He takes Jazz, Rock, Experimental, Noise, and turns it into beautiful sounds..

You wanna play the Fixed game huh? Ok..

Live versions of new songs

Includes:

Conscript

One Wing

Solitaire

Wilco (the song)

Country Disappeared

Everlasting

Sonny Feeling

You And I

Is there a free way to open these "Rar" files, I'm a bit confused. A few Google searches have brought me to something called "bitzipper", but that costs $25, any help, is there a free version of bitzipper around.

Is there a free way to open these "Rar" files, I'm a bit confused. A few Google searches have brought me to something called "bitzipper", but that costs $25, any help, is there a free version of bitzipper around.

7-Zip is even better. It wont start bugging you after 30 days to buy the software.

This quote from Rollingstone embodies how it could suck to be Jeff Tweedy about this time:

"I'm sitting here trying to figure out what the record is about," he told us, sitting around their kitchen table. "This is the first time I've had to talk about it so it's a pretty uncomfortable situation. I'm more uncomfortable than I thought I would be. I really love the record and I'm really proud of it but I'm not at the point where I know how to talk about it. I'm still in the part of my mind that is, if I could tell you about it then I wouldn't have even made it. I just want you to hear it."

You've spent blood and sweat in the vulnerability of the creative process, laid your heart open, then you have to think about what you want to say about it on the record, knowing you're going to be judged against what you say now, and that the music will be judged against what you say, and what you said before will be judged based on what others say about the album, and -- hopefully -- by what one actually hears on the album.

This quote from Rollingstone embodies how it could suck to be Jeff Tweedy about this time:

"I'm sitting here trying to figure out what the record is about," he told us, sitting around their kitchen table. "This is the first time I've had to talk about it so it's a pretty uncomfortable situation. I'm more uncomfortable than I thought I would be. I really love the record and I'm really proud of it but I'm not at the point where I know how to talk about it. I'm still in the part of my mind that is, if I could tell you about it then I wouldn't have even made it. I just want you to hear it."

You've spent blood and sweat in the vulnerability of the creative process, laid your heart open, then you have to think about what you want to say about it on the record, knowing you're going to be judged against what you say now, and that the music will be judged against what you say, and what you said before will be judged based on what others say about the album, and -- hopefully -- by what one actually hears on the album.

Does anyone have aspirin?

I think this album will be no good. If he had made an awesome album he wouldn't be sitting around the kitchen table, moping and feeling uncomfortable, now if he was all HI FIVE DUDE and air guitar solos would bring some hope.

Not sure about everyone else, but I am sticking to my guns. I will wait to form my opinion of the new album until after I hear the new album.

Yeah. I'm not sure hearing the early live versions of most of what might be on the album puts anyone in a better position to know what the thing will actually sound/feel like. Again, the reviews are coming in before anyone has heard the thing.

I think this album will be no good. If he had made an awesome album he wouldn't be sitting around the kitchen table, moping and feeling uncomfortable, now if he was all HI FIVE DUDE and air guitar solos would bring some hope.

Dude it's Jeff Tweedy. Look at the man. Par for the course in my eyes.