New album news!

just noticed this on wilcoworld:

"The still-untitled Wilco album has been mastered, and the sequence is as follows:

Wilco The Song

Deeper Down

One Wing

Bull Black Nova

You And I

You Never Know

Country Disappeared

Solitaire

I'll Fight

Sunny Feeling

Everlasting

Dark Neon

The release is currently scheduled for late June on Nonesuch."

Dark Neon? That's another new name to me.

I've only managed to hear one of these songs so far (Wilco the Song). My anticipation is at an all-time high.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting! I thought it was going to be a b-side. If it is officially on the record, maybe there was some positive test market feedback or something. :lol

Is that the one you said was an outtake? How did it sound? What did you think of it? :blush

I've only managed to hear one of these songs so far (Wilco the Song). My anticipation is at an all-time high.

This time around I've been avoiding the new stuff, too, although not militantly. I've heard 4-5 of those listed, but only once or twice... there's something to be said for anticipation.

I loved it. I'm eager to hear it again, however it eventually surfaces. It's a faster song. I'm really bad at descriptions of songs, sorry!

Thanks!

No, it's fine! That's all I wanted to know- just the basic feel of it. Fast, slow, loud, soft etc.... so, thank you!

Guest Gym Teacher Man

I'm right there with you. I've heard only Wilco the Song on Colbert and at a Jeff solo show. I'm beyond pumped for this record.

Bull Black Nova is a sweet title, by the by.

I didn't notice this on wilcoworld.net/news yesterday ...

The forthcoming and still-untitled next Wilco album is nearing completion. Jim Scott and the band spent the last few weeks mixing in Jim's studio in Valencia, California and here's a list of song titles spied on the reels -- note this is not necessarily complete and not in sequence.

Deeper Down

Conscript (aka I'll Fight)

One Wing

Solitaire

Wilco (the song)

Country Disappeared

Everlasting

Bull Black Nova

Sonny Feeling

You and I

Rumors and blogs regarding a guest appearance on that last track are, amazingly, quite true. Feist does indeed lend a great vocal to You and I. Other details will emerge in the coming weeks. The release is currently scheduled for late June on Nonesuch.

and today it says:

The still-untitled Wilco album has been mastered, and the sequence is as follows:

Wilco The Song

Deeper Down

One Wing

Bull Black Nova

You And I

You Never Know

Country Disappeared

Solitaire

I'll Fight

Sunny Feeling

Everlasting

Dark Neon

The release is currently scheduled for late June on Nonesuch.

wow, even more interesting than when lost highway posted it an hour ago.

:P

Sorry. :blush I took a little nap.

But in mine you have the extra-added-value of seeing how it changed from what was posted in March.

I think.

So, I guess they chose "I'll Fight" over "Conscript." I actually think I preferred "Conscript" more. Whatever though, who cares what the title of the song is? I still think it's a great song and I can't wait to hear the studio version!

Guest Jules
Sorry. :blush I took a little nap.

But in mine you have the extra-added-value of seeing how it changed from what was posted in March.

I think.

Ahh, you know I just didn't want to discriminate.

"There are definitely more songs on this record that aren't directly from my experience. There's a song written from the point of view of a guy just killed his girlfriend," Tweedy says

Wasnt this song called 'Via Chicago'? If I were Sue I'd be concerned...

"There are definitely more songs on this record that aren't directly from my experience. There's a song written from the point of view of a guy just killed his girlfriend," Tweedy says

Wasnt this song called 'Via Chicago'? If I were Sue I'd be concerned...

No...that was a song about DREAMING ABOUT killing someone. This is a song about having actually killed someone.

I guess Tweedy's characters are more proactive than they used to be.

No...that was a song about DREAMING ABOUT killing someone. This is a song about having actually killed someone.

I guess Tweedy's characters are more proactive than they used to be.

"dreamed about killing you again last night..." assuming again refers to the dream and not to the killing.

Anyway, I wish it would leak already. Or be June. I can't wait in spite of myself.