New album news!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now on WilcoWorld the last track "Dark Neon" was removed!!

Man, and I was excited to hear that one! :hmm

i wouldn't worry, i'm sure it will be on one of the many special editions that will come out after everyone's bought the cd three or four times :rolleyes

i wouldn't worry, I'm sure it will be on one of the many special editions that will come out after everyone's bought the cd three or four times :rolleyes

I vaguely remember hearing something about how albums from the U.S often have bonus tracks on them when exported to AQustralia and New Zealand to avoid some kind of tax or other. Don't know if that's true but it wouldn't surprise me.

Someone posted a link to download a preview of new songs already perfomed live. Unfortunately the link (a yousendit) expired. Would some please upload them somewhere? Dying to hear them!

Thanks lots!

https://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvdFdXcWZwM2tLSkE9PQ

If someone can send me a copy of You Never Know, I will add that.

:dontgetit It seems to me it's not a strong enough song to be in a Wilco album. In fact, it must be the least interesting song I have heard from them in a long time :(

The "I don't care anymore" part does get tiring after just a couple of minutes

:dontgetit I like it.

:dontgetit I like it.

Maybe it will be a grower.. But my first thought is that it's not at the same quality level than the rest of the new album songs I have already listened

Of course a big THANKS to hilliard and mfwahl ;)

:dontgetit It seems to me it's not a strong enough song to be in a Wilco album. In fact, it must be the least interesting song I have heard from them in a long time :(

The "I don't care anymore" part does get tiring after just a couple of minutes

I'd actually take it over the vast majority of Sky Blue Sky.

Maybe it will be a grower.. But my first thought is that it's not at the same quality level than the rest of the new album songs I have already listened

Of course a big THANKS to hilliard and mfwahl ;)

Truthfully,

I cannot wait to hear this. Still waiting on word on when advances will go out. Hopefully this week.

More hope than anything is in interviewing Jeff and the band about it. I can say that, if it were to happen, it'd be the most exhaustive, informative interview it can be and all of my fellow fans will love it.

in other Wilco related news - I'm trying to locate the tape of an interview I did with Glenn a few years back for his last solo album. I can't remember if it ever got published, so it will be new for all involved.

You Never Know is my favorite of the live bootlegs I've heard so far. Can't wait to hear a studio version of this.

All the articles seem to indicate they're really going to be adding a lot more electronic texture and such in the final mixing. These songs may seem a little naked by themselves, but they may pick up that extra beef for those of you who think the songs are too basic. A lot of these are probably very WIP, too. They may have added more lyrics in the actual recording of the album.

You Never Know is damned catchy. I loved the piano.

It's hard not to break my own rule about listening to the live recordings, but I really do think (for me) it makes for a more enjoyable album-listening experience.