New album news!

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone a TAD nervous about what "tasty" sounds Nels might add to the record? I like most of his additions to songs (Impossible Germany), but sometimes live, he gets a bit much.

not at all, my friend. agree to disagree. in the words of tweedy at asheville last night, "nels, you melt my face off."

Does anyone else think they are trying to keep this under wraps? A very strange move for Wilco!!!

i do agree with this. maybe they are trying to go the total opposite route with this one than they did with sbs. i like the idea of the record having an "impact" as someone put it, b/c for me, sbs did not...i had my hands on the album a couple of months before it came out.

after having seen them in knoxville saturday and asheville last night, i am surprised that no new material was played. i think the only new song i have heard is "wilco the song." don't know if anyone has heard the rest. i am trying to go the opposite route that i did with sbs...so that the record will have an impact.

but damn that's difficult!

Does anyone else think they are trying to keep this under wraps? A very strange move for Wilco!!!

i do agree with this. maybe they are trying to go the total opposite route with this one than they did with sbs. i like the idea of the record having an "impact" as someone put it, b/c for me, sbs did not...i had my hands on the album a couple of months before it came out.

after having seen them in knoxville saturday and asheville last night, i am surprised that no new material was played. i think the only new song i have heard is "wilco the song." don't know if anyone has heard the rest. i am trying to go the opposite route that i did with sbs...so that the record will have an impact.

but damn that's difficult!

Good questions. Maybe they are keeping the new stuff under wraps.

Assuming there will be some promotion for the new record, I also find it a bit unusual that their shooting for a late-June (2 months away) release date when the record is still "untitled." The 1 or 2 articles that I've read that mention the new record it appears that the "theme" of this one isn't as defined or solidified perhaps as other records.

Word from Jazzfest: self-titled.

I think every band should do it. And a title means we're that much closer to hearing it. :dancing

They should call it Wilco the Album.

:yucky

Wasn't 'AGIB' supposed to be named 'Wilco Happens?' I think I'd prefer that over 'Wilco The Album.'

...whatever though, I'm just excited to hear the albums music, regardless of its title.

So today at JazzFest John Stirrat was interviewed by David Fricke. John talked about a lot of stuff, ranging from projects with his sister, and how hes managed to stay in Wilco so long haha. At the end of the formal interview he answered a few questions from the crowd. I asked him to compare the new album to the live recording styles of Sky Blue Sky as compared to the studio soundscapes of YHFT and AGIB. He said the newer album has shaped up as a more classic sounding YHFT. He also mentioned the band is trying their hardest to keep this album under wraps, for example Feist being on the album was something they wanted to keep on the dl till the actual release of the album, although that didn't happen. It was a great interview and a sick set.